No announcement yet.

Warlords Highland Fling PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm - Roast Pork, Crackling, Kumera, Spuds, Caulifower with Cheese Sauce!

Thanks FeMme!

Off To GeoModder for dessert!
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• I can't open the turn, I got a popup that the save I selected (the turn nugog forwarded me) is protected to ensure it's assets aren't modified or something like that.

Can't check on an earlier save, they got deleted with a reinstall.
      Last edited by GeoModder; October 31, 2006, 10:53.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Maybe because you have upgraded to Warlords patch and the rest of us haven't???
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Might be.
          In that case we have a problem... [/Houston]

Edit: solved it, some modified file slipped in the vanilla version on my computer. Turn forwarded to Cerberus.
          Last edited by GeoModder; October 31, 2006, 09:26.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• On to CM
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoModder
                I can't open the turn, I got a popup that the save I selected (the turn nugog forwarded me) is protected to ensure it's assets aren't modified or something like that.

Can't check on an earlier save, they got deleted with a reinstall.
                I just got the same error with the save from Chrisius. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

I re-installed Warlords then patched 2.08 over the top of clean install.
                Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Mmm, I played and forwarded the turn in 2.00 version. Now the question is if you created this game with "lock modified assets" or something like that or not. If so, it might be that or only the creator can change version, or this game is stuck in 2.00...

Try if 2.00 works is my first advice, it worked for me after a reinstall. Perhaps you can as the creator untag something, look under "details" or "options".
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Original question from Sir Ralph

I installed that patch, and now my PBEM file doesn't load.

"The file is read only to make sure you didn't change your Mods directory" (rough retranslation)

Is there a workaround for this?
                    Reply from Alexman

As with previous Civ4 patches, you need to clear your admin password before upgrading. Did you do that?

When you have an admin password for your game, saves with a different checksum than what you have on your machine will not load (to prevent cheating).
                    Reply from me

Cheers Alex

I am the admin, and I didn't.......

So, I should re-install Warlords, open save, clear admin password, then play save, then pass on save, then upgrade.

Is that correct??
                    Reply from Alexman

Yes, that would work, but then there would be no more admin password.

If you want an admin password, open the save with v2.00, save the game after clearing the password, then upgrade to 2.08, then load the game, then set the password again, then pass on the save.
                    Phew, all sorted and on the FeMme

Comment

• So do I need to patch before I play - have not done so yet?

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• this only affects warlords games right ?
                        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Yes, there's no more patches for vanilla Civ4.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I have followed the necessary protocol to continue in this game using the new fangled and highly acclaimed patch. I am looking forward to seeing these 'new' AI improvements firsthand!

Passed to Nugog (hope you have your patch ready.... )
                            Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                            Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Yes, I think you need the patch Nugog

Comment

• Originally posted by RobWorham
                                Yes, I think you need the patch Nugog
                                Nugog wanders off to see how many times he can screw up downloading the patch

Comment

Working...
                                X