• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sent to sab
    http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• lumpkin wrote:
      Yes the Egyptians have been realising that we Jews got it right the first time . In fact it's only the very occasional missionary passing through.

didn't (according the the bible) the egyptians chase out the early hebrews and got punised by a wrathful god that gave them seven years of desease, miscarriage of every firstborn son and lots of other nasty stuff?
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• oh oh oh, lumpy... that was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mistake to culture-frack me! i will let it slip under the one condition that your settler does not continue through the egyptian lands and returns back home...

otherwise i will be obliged to obliterate your village of epiphanie with all the units at dispose that are not defending and not fighting montezuma (plenty of 'em, trust me)

Comment

• 1685ad to aeb

Comment

• Why are Lumpish settlers moving through Egyptian lands? Hmmm?

to Krazy
            Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
              didn't (according the the bible) the egyptians chase out the early hebrews and got punised by a wrathful god that gave them seven years of desease, miscarriage of every firstborn son and lots of other nasty stuff?
              The Egyptians wanted to keep the Israelites inside Egypt.

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              oh oh oh, lumpy... that was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mistake to culture-frack me!
              Like you've never done that to me!

Originally posted by aebbeka
              Why are Lumpish settlers moving through Egyptian lands? Hmmm?
              They were just sight-seeing (they wanted to imagine what it would be like if the pyramids had been built in Egypt rather than France). But they've bought their souvenirs and are going home now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpkin

are you a bible thumper? just kidding...
                didn't know that. i only know that in the "good ol' days", god wasn't a kind loving wuss but a wrathful murderous entity.... the latter is better to keep people in line

oh oh oh, lumpy... that was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge mistake to culture-frack me!

Like you've never done that to me!

with some differences: that culture culture didn't cut off your lands, it just claimed unclaimed territory (and some of qui's).
                but most importantly: you didn't have pentagon-enhanced infantry, destroyers, cavalry and soon marines, battleships, tanks, bombers, gunships, etc to enforce peace

They were just sight-seeing (they wanted to imagine what it would be like if the pyramids had been built in Egypt rather than France). But they've bought their souvenirs and are going home now...

clever boys... the english explorer will follow them to guarantee their safe return.

PS: you are allowed to expand, and i was hoping you would... i just wanted to threaten and have a reason to attack

Comment

• So are we going to start a new game soon with God-- I mean, Sabre, on Deity level?

Comment

• i was actually thinking of that.
                    now after two games (one of which is quite far progressed) it is pretty clear who is how strong. according to the current game i should play one (maybe two) difficulty level higher than lumpy. aeb on a similar level as lump and krazy one level lower and the AIs eventually another one lower. however i think the leader, the neighborhood and the starting position is very decisive. lumpy and ghandi seem to have quite good land, aebbeka's territory is mostly unknown to me (not many AIs have mapped it out) and krazy had a great position (far away from the warhungry western AIs), but not many bonuses in immediate reach... while my start was good for a financial city. so that might relativate the results.

anyhow, that would be:
                    AI: noble
                    krazy: prince
                    aebbeka: monarch or emperor
                    lumpy: emperor
                    myself: immortal

be aware that there difficulty levels in MP only have a partial effect and are a lot less tough that the equivalent in SP.
                    the same is happiness and health bonuses (on immortal start is VERY tough because they start screaming immediately) and diplomacy (AI don't give as good deals).

i'd propose we play a well distributed map where all have the same access and the same resources, etc. but still land-connected (otherwise it's a buildder's game without fun barbarians )

so,, where's the turn?

Comment

• I think Krazy is out of town for a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        Originally posted by Lumpkin

are you a bible thumper? just kidding...
                        didn't know that.
                        shocking. Well I'm going to have to bible-thump you now to cure your ignorance of one of the most famous stories in the old testament.
                        So... Once upon a time the Israelite were all oppressed slaves in Egypt. God, through Moses, told her the Pharoah to let his people go. Pharoah refused so God cursed the entire Egyptian nation with all kinds of deeply unpleasant plagues and hardships until Pharoah finally gives in and lets them go off towards the Promised Land. Then he changes his mind and tries to catch them as they are leaving. The Israelites are stuck in front of big river as the Egyptian army approaches but happily God parts the waters so they can walk across. The Egyptians try to follow but God causes the waters to come crashing down and the Egyptians all drown. Hurrah!

with some differences: that culture culture didn't cut off your lands, it just claimed unclaimed territory (and some of qui's).
                        Your culture-frack stopped me from getting two or three cities I was just about to found. All mine did was temporarily cut off your iron mine.

but most importantly: you didn't have pentagon-enhanced infantry, destroyers, cavalry and soon marines, battleships, tanks, bombers, gunships, etc to enforce peace
                        Quite. I guess this is what it felt like to be a minor nation at the time of the real "English" Empire :/

Still waiting for Krazy to return
                        Last edited by Lumpkin; March 8, 2007, 11:22.

Comment

• guys, while we're waiting for krazy to return, can you post your thoughts and wishes on a potential next game?

Comment

• im happy with your proposal. but i want to be able to choose my civ this time.

still no chance for a warlords game i suppose?

Comment

• krazy does not want to buy it. but i'd happily play a warlords game too, even if it's just three of us. and who knows, maybe peer pressure will make him buy/get it

Comment

• I don't really want to buy it either. Besides the scenarios that I never play, what makes it worth $30? Didn't you say there's another ExPack coming soon that would include everything in Warlords?

I'd be up for another game simliar to JJ, but with the different difficulty levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X