This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to Krazy

Question: What happens if a city is built on a resource? If I build a city on cows, do I get the cow as a resource, or any kind of a food bonus for the tile?
    Last edited by aebbeka; February 18, 2007, 19:00.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• I believe you do, but you can't add anything to the tile to get more food from it, so It's not in your best interest.

Comment

• Well....e-mail isn't working again, I guess i'll just post the turn her.

here's the link.

Comment

• Yea, I think you're right, I just found a guide that said the same thing. Now I have a predicament. I have to decide whether food from some cows or hammers from some copper is more important... Building on the cows is the only way for a city to work the Copper, because otherwise it'll be right in the middle of 4 cities, being worked by none of them...

Comment

• there are many other factors such as fresh water, hills defence, coastal access, etc.

with a copper mine you will get 3h. with a cow resource you get i think 2 food and 1 hammer... so net effect is about the same!
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• 1515AD to sabre
              http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• 1515ad to aebbeka

ah, it's good to be king

Comment

• Sabre, Sabre, Sabre... always sending me the game 10 minutes after I leave.

Comment

• sorry about that! so need the turn by what time?

i was up to my arse in work to do and there was no way i could play earlier today, sorry....

Comment

• On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I'm not able to play from 12:00 to 5:00, unless I have my laptop with me, which I usually don't. Today you sent the turn at 12:05, so if you can send it about 15 minutes earlier, I can probably get it played before I leave.

Comment

• you can do your turn in under 15mins? wow!

ok, my turns have sped up since the settlers have reached their destinations and the buildings are getting more expensive. but 15min is still the lower limit

edit, ok we might get in another turn tonight nonetheless!

Comment

• Keep in mind I don't have 50 cities, and the cities I do have are all doing their own thing. So, new building orders, unit movement, and a quick run through of each city... usually 10 minutes tops.
                          I sort of fall halfway between a micromanager and a noob.

Comment

• I'm a noob, I just let the cities do whatever they want.

Comment

• i don't either have 50 cities

krazy: time to learn! in sneak attack you could follow aebbeka's choices
                              Last edited by sabrewolf; February 19, 2007, 17:42.

Comment

• I'm kidding, I somewhat know what's going...I'm getting better, trying to pay better attention to science levels in cities.

Comment

Working...
                                X