Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we'll discover it soon enough. i'm not too far off from optics and my first coastal city will be founded in about 4-5 turns so i'll meet you soonafter (hopefully).

but then again, krazy with his stonehenge could tell us where we (him and me). and all of us when we have the compass researched
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• I'm in the north. It's a long continent and it seems as if we're on opposite ends, so it makes sense that we hadn't met yet.

to Krazy
      Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

• our continent is also quite wide. my first east-bound scout/warrior was killed by an animal about 5 turns before i got to krazy's borders. so i diverted my southeast-bound more centrally and met him.

how is your continent actually like? we have shìtloads of jungle in our north (well, north from me, krazy has dream landscape ). as in civ4 jungles are usually tropical and subtropical, we are probably roughly distributed a bit like south america (1/4 north of the equator, the rest south), just wide instead of high
        yours?

Comment

• likewise, ****loads of jungle to the north of me, which is why I thought we were in the southerm hemisphere. I'm in a grassland cul de sac and the only other place I know that isn't covered in jungle is India.

290 AD to sabre
          http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

• cul de sac?
            well, my french is not so strong, but i have seen the "cul" word in another context (trou de c..). so what's the meaning? arse-bag?

maybe you guys are also on the southern hemisphere too. which would mean that there's either a huge void up north or more continents to be settled/conquered later on. but at this pace we'll be in the industrial age before we fill out our own continent (financing 20 cities could get expensive)

lumpy: jungle is quite good actually. enough food, usually rivers going through. i usually have super-high-commerce in such cities. they have miserable production, but produce loads of beakers and gold.

Comment

• 0290ad to aebbeka

Comment

• Cul-de-sac is an English phrase as well as a French one - it means an area with only one entrance/exit.

Comment

• Cul-de-sac is a common term here, though I've never heard it used on anything but roads.

sent to Krazy

Comment

• to sabba

Comment

• that looks like a "dead end" to me
                      well, i guess the hole of the sack is ok too

0320ad to aebbeka

Comment

• to Krazy

Comment

• to sabre

Comment

• 0350ad to aebbeka

Comment

• I found Lumpland. It appears that our continent is the opposite of yours, 1/4 south of the equator, the rest north. I know I'm in the north because I have tundra and ice caps to prove it. Lump and I are a long long ways apart, a perfect distance to wipe out the Civs in between, then join together for invasions on other continents.

sent to Krazy

Comment

• I found Lumpland. It appears that our continent is the opposite of ours, 1/4 south of the equator, the rest north. I know I'm in the north because I have tundra and ice caps to prove it. Lump and I are a long long ways apart, a perfect distance to wipe out the Civs in between, then join together for invasions on other continents.

Comment

Working...
                                X