No announcement yet.

Battle Royale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will respond the best that I can since I was the one who was attacking.

Do you remember having a Settler nearby that city? Maybe I was trying to determine if it was worth persuing him versus trying a direct assault on your city. Could I catch him seeing that I had a unit with double forrest movement? Could I count on my allies(AI) unit(s), nearby, to head in that direction to assist me?

Perhaps I was waiting for more of my own units to show up.

Perhaps my stratedgy changed slightly from one turn to another based on factors you could not have known.

Perhaps I was waiting for one of my units to heal.

Perhaps I saw a Barb Warrior or two around said city and thought perhaps if I waited said Barb Warrior would attack that same city thus increasing my own chances.

Perhaps I took up positions around said city that were well defensible and the only way for units of another to enter the city were to be out in the open; an easier kill for my units.

As I remember, when I took the city, the turn before I had my Archer unit arrive just the turn before to the cities edge. He attacked on the very next turn followed by the two previously sentried Warriors.

Comment

• Oh, and your odds that you report are in fact wrong. Maybe you are examining the odds of you atacking my units and not the other way around; you must take terrain and unit promotions into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
        Oh, and your odds that you report are in fact wrong. Maybe you are examining the odds of you atacking my units and not the other way around; you must take terrain and unit promotions into account.
        The odds of victory when an attack was made can be taken from the game, which state those amounts in the combat log. The odds are also easily calculated using a combat calculator, so I know what odds each of your units would have had against mine. If you believe the odds are different, please state what you think they were.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Next turn played.
          Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

The odds of victory when an attack was made can be taken from the game, which state those amounts in the combat log. The odds are also easily calculated using a combat calculator, so I know what odds each of your units would have had against mine. If you believe the odds are different, please state what you think they were.
            You are right. My mistake.

That attack was at 4.1% (according to ingame stats) a 2.20 vs a 3.60. This is where I see where you saw some 'irregularities'. What happened, looking back through the saves I recieved, was that I attacked with the wrong unit at that time. It was supposed to have been with the other Warrior that had the +25% against Melee units. Instead, I attacked with the double forrest movement Warrior. That changes the odds.

Now that I'm looking backwards at all the saves, I can somewhat see what I may have been thinking at the time.

After that attack (I still did not realize that I used the wrong Warrior there even after the attack) I felt I should wait for the Archer that arrived there 3 turns later since it made more sense that the weaker Warrior would not be able to attack successfully; thus using the weak Warrior in combo with the Archer I felt I would be succsessful. There was also the consideration of the Barb units that were nearby; I was hoping they would help me or at least not attack me if I forted in the forest since your units would be seen as an easier target. Saladin had a unit that was 5 turns away as well; he didn't join though, as you well know.

To address your #1 point though: The decision to pass by the opportunity to attack was made specifically because you had a Settler in the area that I felt I might be able to catch. When he disapeared off my radar and I felt he was long gone, I changed my tactics.

Again, if it appeared my tactics changed from turn to turn, they just may have. This is a PBEM that moves not so regulary. Sometimes chances are taken and sometimes not. It's not like I sat outside your city with 2 units for 10 turns, doing nothing, and then suddenly attacking one turn taking out two of your units at extreme odds.

The decision to quit is still yours. I did not reload. I didn't even realize I used the wrong Warrior until researching this. That said...I'm in many games and I can't be expected to remember my motives/reasonings for each move/action. I'm not upset that you would accuse me, personally, of cheating because I have done my fair share of accusing; mostly other teams/players in the ISDG's though.

And if you are regulary worried about re-loads then you might want to get in on some pitboss games where re-loads are not an issue.

Comment

• to PTS

Comment

• to Soltz
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• To BigFree

Comment

• to PTS

Comment

• and round again
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• 'n round 'n round

To Big Free

Comment

• hehe
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• PTS

Comment

• to Soltz
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• To BigFree

Comment

Working...
                                X