No announcement yet.

PBEM - Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed that when I got the turn, I was prompted for a password only once. I never had any difficulty logging in, and otherwise everything seemed to be 'normal'.
    Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• But is very important NOT to set any admin password. So, when you receive the file from NicodaMax, erase all passwords you're prompted of. Inside the game, do the old alt+d and set your password.

I really hope it works now!
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• deleted Admin and redid my pass

4000bc turned
        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Sent.
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Deleted the passwords and added mine according to the instructions.

Not as good as my previous start but not bad.

Sent to NM
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Sorry for the delay, wasn't home last night. Opened it w/o problems, changed password and sent it to Soltz.
              "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
              Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
              Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV
                Deleted the passwords and added mine according to the instructions.

Not as good as my previous start but not bad.

Sent to NM
                Same story here

One difference I noted is that the first two times I was prompted for only the admin password. This was the first time I was asked for my own password.

Turn sent to Aro.

Comment

• Doesn't work.

Originally posted by Soltz

One difference I noted is that the first two times I was prompted for only the admin password. This was the first time I was asked for my own password.

Turn sent to Aro.
                  Actually, I didn't set your password. In fact, you shouldn' be asked for you password...
                  It's possible that you set an admin password, as you was prompted by...

A suggestion: Could you play the save again, Soltz? But this time you delete any and all passwords. After play, before you end the turn, hit "ALT+d" and then set your password.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

• When I opened the game it prompted me for the Admin password as well. I just clicked OK. Even if there is a "*****" in the field (they're there even if there is no password). Then it prompted me for my password, and that's when I type it in. Click ok after that and played my turn. After you finish the turn you can always change it again by doing the alt+D, but there's no need
                    I don't know if this is exactly what you've done, in which case ignore me
                    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                    Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                    Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                    Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• Ok, if this one doesnt work, I'll seek for help in the forum...
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro
                        Doesn't work.

Actually, I didn't set your password. In fact, you shouldn' be asked for you password...
                        It's possible that you set an admin password, as you was prompted by...

A suggestion: Could you play the save again, Soltz? But this time you delete any and all passwords. After play, before you end the turn, hit "ALT+d" and then set your password.
                        Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did and things still don't seem to be working.

If I'm understanding correctly, no one has a password on the first round?

Comment

• Originally posted by Soltz

If I'm understanding correctly, no one has a password on the first round?
                          Yep
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

• Originally posted by HitAnyKey
                            I had this problem too.

Did you use that program that came along with BlueMarble in order to change some settings? I forget what the program was called since I'm not at home.

If you did, you need to run it and restore the defaults. Then you'll be able to open the save.
                            Could be the case?

I don't have Blue Marble, but maybe one of you...
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas

Comment

• Well, folks... What should we do about this never-starting game?

Seriously, I'm getting a bit frustrated...

Should we start another one?
                              Last edited by Aro; January 21, 2006, 05:25.
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas

Comment

• Aro - what did you do differently between the last game (which didn't work) and the test game (which did, apart from Soltz not being involved)?

The only other thing I can think of is for someone else to try starting the game.
                                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                                X