PBEM - Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NicodaMax
    I'm not sure of the deffinitive playing order, could any of you update that or post it again? Thanks.
    (gone to work now, turn will be played at 7 p.m. UCT-3 if i've gotten it )
    You can count on that...

Player order:

Aro
    ForesterSOF
    Dominae
    CerberusIV
    NicodaMax
    Soltz
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Well, the save didn't open...

Soltz, it seems you've set a administrator password in your save... I can't open the game, and the error is the same I received the first time I set the game and set this damn password... .
      You see, when you load the game, the first box it will appears is the admin password. You have just to hit ok. The second box it's your password and you have to fill this one.

I'm afraid you have to open the save again, do not set the first password, set yours and play again.
      Last edited by Aro; January 12, 2006, 09:32.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by Soltz
        If you've set your alarm to wake up at 3:30 in the morning, the turn should be waiting for you

Huayna Capac announces the founding of the City of Cuzco.

I just set my alarm...
        Synchronizing clocks...Ok, 3:30 in the morning. I'll be there!
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas

Comment

Turn resent with a proper password now. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 3:45 tonight.

As things turn out, I'll be out of town this weekend
          I'll see if I can get a turn in right after work tomorrow (if it's there); otherwise, I won't be back until Sunday evening.
          Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Well, didn't work...

Are sure you sent the new save? Because I had the same error I had last time...

If you sent the corrected one, try this:

Open the save you received from NicodaMax, play the turn again, and this time you delete the first AND the second password. In fact, delete all passwords you see
            Then, inside the game, hit "Alt+D" and set your password there.

I'm trying to avoid any fuzz with those stupid admin passwords (I really dont know why they made this)...

No worries, it's just one more lesson in our learning experience. And this just makes the game better!
            As soon it starts, I mean...
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Folks, Soltz will be out this weekend. I'm willing to make some tests... I'm thinking about set a test game and see if it works. The test will consist in playing the first and the second turns. The goal here is make two complete rounds, everyone being able to open his save. This time, I’ll set your passwords and you’ll open the file with them. Inside the game, each one of you changes his password hitting “Alt+Dâ€.

What'd you say?
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas

Comment

Very good idea! This way, we can start again / continue next week with a working game
                "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

go for it

And after we get this straight could you post a "How to start a PBEM the correct way" statement.

I will work on adding how to make a MOD so size can be changed and then also a list of each setup choice and what it means.
                  You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                  There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Test 1 turn 1 sent to Forester. Let's see...

Btw, folks... Almost forgot...
                    The initial password is password for each of you. Inside game, hit "Alt+D" and change it.

Make sure you clear the field of the administrator password in the first turn (it's filled with ****, I suggest to clear it, just in case)! And set a new password!
                    Thanks God the stupid thing go away after the 4000 BC.
                    Last edited by Aro; January 13, 2006, 08:11.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas

Comment

worked fine but forgot to change my pass so will let others check that out.

Comment

Also Aro if you are into making PBEMs then look at

DON'T PANIC! "Civ4 is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to XML, but that's just peanuts to Civ4." -Douglas Adams, and me So you pre-ordered the game, you've seen every screenshot, and you've been...

and

Recently I was dabbling with the game speeds, trying to create my own speed, and found that it was pretty difficult to find what I was looking for! After searching all the XML files, I finally found what I wanted, but I felt I had wasted too much time just trying to find what I wanted! So I...

The next step is to make PBEM Civ4.saves editable like Civ4.worldbuildersaves are so terrain and resources can be place exactly depending on who is playing.

On the turn I replayed it and got no warning that others will see multiple saves and was able to change pass with no problem.

To reduce any cheating I did not email it for to me once a turn is played it is played and no second chances.

Unfortunatly that has lead to some booboos and colorfull language.

Comment

Thanks, Forrester... I've following a lot of threads about PBEM, but I think we did everything right... except the little problem with this annoying admin password. That password doesn’t come back again, but until we get rid of it...
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas

Comment

Sent to NM. I had no problem opening and playing the turn.
                            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Sent to Aro. No problems either
                              "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                              Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                              Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Sent to Forester, no problems either. This ends round 1, now round 2...
                                I'm sure Soltz will fix the password issue in his save as soon he comes back.
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                                X