No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Slaughter House 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started this game, and I have always saved it correctly. I also can't play other PBEM's that someone else started. I've tried it on another computer, same problem. I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything. Two other people, that I know of, have the same problem.
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

Originally posted by aebbeka
      I started this game, and I have always saved it correctly. I also can't play other PBEM's that someone else started. I've tried it on another computer, same problem. I have no idea what to do. I've tried everything. Two other people, that I know of, have the same problem.
      well..we can restart rather than wait if you care to

just make sure all are patched current
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well I think we should wait a few days before restarting. Others with the problem could come about, along with maybe a solution.

Sorry for delaying everyone, it's the strangest thing I've ever seen. The mod folder has been empty from the start, so that error message must not be exactly what the problem is...

Comment

Well I think we should wait a few days before restarting. Others with the problem could come about, along with maybe a solution.

Sorry for delaying everyone, it's the strangest thing I've ever seen. The mod folder has been empty from the start, so that error message must not be exactly what the problem is...
          ok

but lets stay on top of this

just seen far to many games fall apart when a restart would suffice

Comment

Well, it looks like the problem is the admin password. So, unless someone knows how to get rid of the admin password, I can do so, and it should then work. What I don't understand is why nobody else in this game has a problem with it...

I've tried (using 1.09) to go in to alt-shift-D and just remove the password, but it doesn't work, it keeps coming back. Any ideas? Where is the thing at that lets you change humans to AI? Perhaps something in there lets it be done?

Comment

Well, it looks like the problem is the admin password. So, unless someone knows how to get rid of the admin password, I can do so, and it should then work. What I don't understand is why nobody else in this game has a problem with it...

I've tried (using 1.09) to go in to alt-shift-D and just remove the password, but it doesn't work, it keeps coming back. Any ideas? Where is the thing at that lets you change humans to AI? Perhaps something in there lets it be done?
              restart

Comment

Okay, folks, are we going to restart this puppy? Or can someone quickly figure out the mystery of unlocking the game so that we can continue?
                I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

Someone in other games i'm in just figured out how to remove the admin password by editing the file. I asked him if he could fix this game, if it's not too much trouble for him. So hopefully we can continue.
                  Last edited by aebbeka; December 29, 2005, 10:54.

Comment

ok by me if it can be done

Comment

• You can all thank Sabrewolf. The man is a genius, and fixed our game.

And we're off once again to George.

I think we can open this game by just opening the file now too.

Comment

• Either fixing or restarting are fine by me as well.
                        -C.

Comment

• Originally posted by aebbeka
                          You can all thank Sabrewolf. The man is a genius, and fixed our game.

And we're off once again to George.

I think we can open this game by just opening the file now too.
                          thanks sabrewolf

off we go

Comment

• Woah that was a fast post aebbeka, I was still typing

So on we go
                            -C.

Comment

• So, what's going on? Game has been going again for 2 days and I haven't heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by aebbeka
                                So, what's going on? Game has been going again for 2 days and I haven't heard anything.
                                second that

Comment

Working...
                                X