No announcement yet.

[PBEM] Slaughter House 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it crashed my Civ when loading from e-mail, very odd indeed. Works when loading manually. Save sent to aebbeka, turn 2 is on!
    -C.

Comment

Yea, I couldn't load mine directly from the attachment, had to save it first, then go under Multiplayer and load it.

Weird, it didn't ask for my password, and I had one set. Does it know it's me because it recognizes my copy of the game or something?

3960 is on to George.
      Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

odd happenings indeed
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Re: 3 accounts

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

or yo can do it the easy way

when the turn opens up press (ALT + D ) and input your email address and also the settings for the outgoing email like smtp-server.abc.rfw.com or whatever it is for you (you can find this in the properties of your email account under servers)

then after that it will prompt you on next screen to input the email of the next player
          FYI- most email services (e.g. hotmail, gmail) require SMTP authentication called SSL that won't work with CIV automail until support is added in a future patch. You seem to be a lucky one if it works for you, but it won't for most others. It's also easy to miss the message on screen that the automailing failed, so this might bring some games to a brief halt if people try it.

Also, if someone's email doesn't require SSL, but does use a port different than 25 to connect to SMTP, they can use the auto-mailer now, but need to add the appropriate port at the end of the server name with a colon in front- server.name:SMTPport#
          Last edited by Rommel2D; December 3, 2005, 13:13.
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Is the sub-folder for this game showing up in the proper Multiplayer folder?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 3 accounts

Originally posted by Rommel2D

FYI- most email services (e.g. hotmail, gmail) require SMTP authentication called SSL that won't work with CIV automail until support is added in a future patch. You seem to be a lucky one if it works for you, but it won't for most others. It's also easy to miss the message on screen that the automailing failed, so this might bring some games to a halt if people try it.

Also, if someone's email doesn't require SSL, but does use a port different than 25 to connect to SMTP, they need to add the appropriate port at the end of the server name with a colon in front- server.name:SMTPport#
              very instructive

thanks

up to today

other than the patch issue

no problemos

but

its all good

thanks Rommel2D

Comment

Is the sub-folder for this game showing up in the proper Multiplayer folder?
                it is here

Comment

Could it be that someone saved the game from the main menu instead of pressing the red button by their flag at the end of the turn? This can cause a somewhat corrupt save...

Comment

Could it be that someone saved the game from the main menu instead of pressing the red button by their flag at the end of the turn? This can cause a somewhat corrupt save...
                    Great information

maybe

another thing

2 different games today

I have gotten a save named like 40003 and another I believe was like 38802

like the last didgit is a second or third version

just curious as what causes that?

and ya know me

I play a LOT of Pbem

never seen that eiether

Comment

Could it be that it's telling you the previous person played their turn 2 or 3 times?

Comment

Originally posted by aebbeka
                        Could it be that it's telling you the previous person played their turn 2 or 3 times?
                        would be nice on the games part if so

not so on players part

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 3 accounts

FYI- most email services (e.g. hotmail, gmail) require SMTP authentication called SSL that won't work with CIV automail until support is added in a future patch. You seem to be a lucky one if it works for you, but it won't for most others. It's also easy to miss the message on screen that the automailing failed, so this might bring some games to a brief halt if people try it.

Also, if someone's email doesn't require SSL, but does use a port different than 25 to connect to SMTP, they can use the auto-mailer now, but need to add the appropriate port at the end of the server name with a colon in front- server.name:SMTPport#
                          So as I am using gmail it wont work for me I tried to do it but it didnt work. I think I filled the incorrect info in. There is 4 boxes. 1st box with email address of the next person next box with mt email address then 2 more boxes what is the info that it needs in those 2 boxes?
                          What is gmail's SMTP server? How do I find out?

Passed turn on.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 accounts

Originally posted by g_storrow

So as I am using gmail it wont work for me I tried to do it but it didnt work. I think I filled the incorrect info in. There is 4 boxes. 1st box with email address of the next person next box with mt email address then 2 more boxes what is the info that it needs in those 2 boxes?
                            What is gmail's SMTP server? How do I find out?

Passed turn on.
                            in your emaiul accounts go to properties then server tab

it will have incoming and outgoing

outgoing is the smtp you need

Comment

Originally posted by g_storrow
                              There is 4 boxes. 1st box with email address of the next person next box with mt email address then 2 more boxes what is the info that it needs in those 2 boxes?
                              The last two boxes are for SMTP server name (+ your SMTP port) and the SSL password. Since you have a gmail account, you'll need the password, but that part of the program isn't functional yet.

Comment

I believe Gmail's SMTP server is smtp.google.com
                                Then your username is your full email address, and then you probably need the password.

If that doesn't work, your ISP has an SMTP server, which is really what you should use. You can probably find the server address on their site.

Hold the mouse over the fields and it'll tell you which is which.

Until you're sure it's working, it would probably be a good idea to send the turn manually as well, until the next player tells you he's getting 2 copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X