No announcement yet.

New Pitboss game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like the game is currently down ...

Comment

• I guess this is a crash not a pause.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

• game still down

Comment

• EvaldsUrtans I take it you were away this weekend?

Please remember to reboot civstats when you turn the game back on.

Comment

• It's reconnected - 2:55 to go...

Comment

• We are only waiting on Janis and Evalds himself. He must know it's up but really a pause is needed for Janis as they might not.
              - Anon

Comment

• I have paused the game with 4 minutes left, so the last 2 can have their turn, the game downtime possibly mucked things up for them. If others think it is not justified, unpause it, wait 4 minutes and you can have your next turn.

Comment

• Host? You there?

Comment

• Monday is almostover and still no word from the last two we are waiting for. Has anyone sent them a pm to let them know we are waiting for them?

Comment

• Host must have been there to get the server up and running but where's poor Janis?
                      - Anon

Comment

• Well, given that the game has been on hold for this long with no sign of Janis or Evalds playing their turn ...

I went ahead and made a command decision and unpaused the game.

A new turn (turn 3 to be exact) is now up.

Hopefully, Janis and Evalds can login in the next 36 hours.

Oh, and don't trust CivStats right now - CivStats is currently down for this game since it really doesn't like when the game is paused (it gets confused).

So Evalds will have to restart CivStats whenever he checks back in again.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I went ahead and made a command decision and unpaused the game.
                          I second that decision.

Both knew the timer length, and neither indicated they would need a pause, so in essence it was a courtesy that we did pause it. Why Evalds restarted the game without taking his turn is odd though.

At any rate, missing a turn this early in the game shouldn't matter much. I just hope Janis hasn't bailed on us.

Comment

• Civstats is still down but I was able to play my turn fine earlier. Must be less than 30hrs on clock now

Comment

• It is not possible to change game timer, if everyone finishes their turns earlier the we can move faster //

civstats was down for a while //

I will keep you up to date if something changes (for example IP address will change at the end of this week or next, because we are moving to better office )

Comment

• It is good to see this game up and running but could we please give it a name other than 'New Pitboss game?' and then open a tracking thread.

I would like to suggest: Evald Opportunities. (A bit of a pun on Equal Opportunities).
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X