No announcement yet.

New Pitboss game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we could live with a 19hr clock, it equals approx 24hrs in real time, for the start.

Trev is an Aussie so will always be a bit out of sync but will still play OK.
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• I can agree to that.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Where can you change timer for the game in Pitboss admin dialog?

Comment

• Played. I've left it unpaused, since I was the last player. I assume this is correct?

Comment

• I thought Trev was last player, but I hope everyone got their civs & we can start playing.

Comment

• It looks like everyone is accounted for....and the new turn is up!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans View Post
                Where can you change timer for the game in Pitboss admin dialog?
                I'm a bit rusty on that question since it has been some time since I last hosted a PitBoss game ... but I believe you just click on the timer and simply change it. But remember: it will not change the timer for the current turn, only the next turns after that.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• It looks like everyone is accounted for....and the new turn is up!

Comment

• I thought we were going to play a 36 hour turn clock?

Comment

• I prefer the 36 hour timer which was mentioned earlier, occassionally due to interstate trips I am away for about 36 hours at a time. I was away for 24 hours on such a trip as the game was started. Generally I will move twice a day if possible, when I finish work and about 4 - 5 hours later if a move is available. Maybe occasionally in the morning before work as well, more moves on weekends will be possible.

Comment

• 36hr OK but when you have 1 Warrior running about it ain't that demanding to cut things down a bit. 19hrs is reasonable - there is something very wrong if you can't do 1 a day at this stage.
                        - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                          36hr OK but when you have 1 Warrior running about it ain't that demanding to cut things down a bit. 19hrs is reasonable - there is something very wrong if you can't do 1 a day at this stage.
                          I agree with st jon. At this early stage with only 1 scout/ warrior ther is nothing to do and with the 36hr timer it will take forever before we have anything to do. So I say 19hrs or less for the first 50-100 turns would not be a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                            36hr OK but when you have 1 Warrior running about it ain't that demanding to cut things down a bit. 19hrs is reasonable - there is something very wrong if you can't do 1 a day at this stage.

Personally I have a job, and I play at the end of the working day. Last time I checked, that comes around every 24 hours.

(We aren't pausing the game now that everybody has played their 1st turn).

Comment

• As I said before generally I can play every day, but for my work which is driving large trucks, I occasionally do some longer trips (nearly all local work) and then the extra time is handy. All trips in past 6 months have been less than 48 hours, so a 36 hour timer generally covers that. A 19 hour timer will not. As to the frequency of these trips, I had not done any for 4 months until this week, but can be up to 4 a month.

Comment

• Sorry Trev, you were straight up with your difficulties at the beginning so I guess the bast we can do is just all play our Turns as soon as we can and keep things moving within the 36hrs as the clock will just flip anyway once everyone has moved.
                                - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X