Flamefest III - The Final Insult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a little froggy on this double moves deal

So is this to say i have a warrior..find a settler from an enemy unprotected..I cannot take him out?

or

I have a warrior...find a hut..I "can" or Cannot enter the goody hut when at war?

Last

I have three warriors..see a single enemy, I can or cannot attack with all my warriors when at war or say..decide to start a war?

Thanks

In the previous two pitboss games, this was never discussed or brought up for discussion

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

36 hours is fine by me
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Thanks for clarification on the infamous double move.

I prefer 24 hour time, but given the choice between 36 and 48 i'll take 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
          So is this to say i have a warrior..find a settler from an enemy unprotected..I cannot take him out?
          If you're not at war yet, you can start a war and take it out IF you haven't finished your turn already. ie you didn't move that warrior when playing your turn and pressed "end turn". The other guy plays after you and moves his settler within your warrior's range, sees you played your turn already so decides he doesn't need to move a protecting unit over it.
          If you would take out that settler before the next turn lapses, I would consider that shady.

I have a warrior...find a hut..I "can" or Cannot enter the goody hut when at war?
          Technically, it depends who plays first when you're at war. If the other player is first to play and pressed "end turn", you're free to enter the hut compared to your war oppenent.
          Of course, if say you moved that warrior adjacent to the hut and spot a unit from a third player next to it and that third player already finished his turn, you have to wait on the third player until he moved that particular unit. The third player was first in the neighbourhood so to speak.

I have three warriors..see a single enemy, I can or cannot attack with all my warriors when at war or say..decide to start a war?
          If you decide to start a war at that point, you're entirely in your right to attack that single unit (or empty town, idling worker, fishing boat, whatever...). But if you're already at war, it depends who plays first of the two opponents. That's why at the start of hostilities its best to agree with your opponent on who plays first. Usually the attacker is supposed to make the effort of contacting the other one, and a wise war-starter only begins an attack on his most convenient playtime.

This said, perhaps its best to adjust de double move time limit a bit. Instead of 24 hours change it to half the turn timer. Half of 36 hours is 18 hours...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

T minus 2 days and counting!

Comment

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                T minus 2 days and counting!

I hope you're not working for NASA? Those have a bad record for launching according to schedule.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No worries, I'm at Darmstadt

Comment

The city of Darmstadt was founded by the Counts of Katzenelnbogen [/Wikipedia]

Cat's Elbows?
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No worries, I'm at Darmstadt

In mid-late 70's was stationed in Crailsheim, 40 Klicks from Ansbach..anywhere near Zoid?
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

So I guess we will be PMed the login info and starting civ here in the next 2 days?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder View Post
                          Cat's Elbows?
                          ESA Mission Control

Comment

In mid-late 70's was stationed in Crailsheim, 40 Klicks from Ansbach..anywhere near Zoid?
                            Not really, it was a joke based on the previous posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                              So I guess we will be PMed the login info and starting civ here in the next 2 days?
                              Indeed. I'll PM snoopy with the setup details tonight

Comment

ESA Mission Control
                                Those don't control launches! That's done in Kourou!!!
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X