Flamefest II - Attack of the Clowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine either way.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• I am fine with 13 players - heck, I was born on the 13th - so I don't consider 13 to be bad luck.

Comment

• I PM:ed snoopy. I told him to keep the same civs if possible and to add a random one for Pinchak
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Could I get a different one (or officially swap with FlameFest)?

I'd rather not be the Mongols in both games if possible. (Even though I'm a President and not a Khan in the other one)

awkward b@stard Dreylin

Comment

• snoopy was quite reluctant to restart this since it took him a long time to set it up. But he said he'd think about it... If he decides he won't do it I guess you get to play the civ you chose and FlameFlash gets to play yours. It doesn't seem like he minds...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• I will of course submit myself to the will of the gracious host, however I'll also say that I think the AI has hosed me to the point of non-competitiveness.

I hope I'm not whining on too much at what is essentially my own mistake; but I feel it's decision to invest in reasearching Masonry (with no Stone or Marble visible) and Plains Farms rather than Fishing (for multiple Seafood resources) typifies my plight...

Comment

• I haven't logged into the game yet... hopefully the turn hasn't 'turned' over yet.

Comment

• Adding a new player will cause everyone to get new starting positions; that is unacceptable to me.

Re-starting because Dreylin choose the wrong Civ then had the AI assign advance start points (not sure how that happens unless you turned the civ over to the AI, then took it back later) is not a great choice either, but it's not as bad as the first.

In MP games you don't get to re-load when you screw up a move due to your own fault.

I can completely understand snoopy's reluctance to re-start this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree View Post
                    then had the AI assign advance start points (not sure how that happens unless you turned the civ over to the AI, then took it back later)
                    How it happened was this:

I had logged in, created a password and was having a look around and trying to figure out this "Advanced Start" thing when I realised that I'd logged in and chosen the wrong Civ. I wanted to have a chance to consult FlameFlash and see if he wanted to swap, or just take China anyway so I looked for a way to log out without commiting to any purchases. There isn't a standard option, however if you press "Esc" it brings up the menu; once that was up I exited.

When I logged back in again (checking whether it had remembered passwords, etc. and confirming that the leaderheads had mislead me) I discovered that points had been spent in a highly sub-optimal way by the AI.

Comment

• Errrr, wrong thread again.

Comment

• Jezuz.... did it again.

Comment

• Adding a new player will cause everyone to get new starting positions; that is unacceptable to me.
                          You are aware that I was accidentally left out of the game dispite the fact that I posted interest and was told there was room. A player or two even posted after me and they got in.

So I ask, how is you having to change starting positions more unacceptable then me being left out of the game altogether?

Comment

You are aware that I was accidentally left out of the game despite the fact that I posted interest and was told there was room. A player or two even posted after me and they got in.

So I ask, how is you having to change starting positions more unacceptable then me being left out of the game altogether?

Comment

• Just got booted mid-turn and can't reconnect. I'll try again later tonight.

Comment

• I may have caused that. I was logging in to play my turn - it was verrry slow loading, and then it dropped the connection. I have yet to play my first turn.

Sorry for the slow start folks. Just getting caught up after being away for a bit.

And - and - and - I think this is my double-deity post.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X