Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
    36 hour timer?

Most here can do one a day often most can do 2 in 36 hours easy, basically depending upon timing

Gramps
    If everyone agrees I can change the turn timer to 24 hours, 18 is pushing it IMO...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• 24 hours is ok with me.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules View Post
        24 hours is ok with me.
        I would be tickled to death at 24 hours
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I am cool with 24 hour timer as well.

Comment

• Turn played.

Great, thanks for setting this up and hosting, Zoid.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• 24 is fine with me as well

Comment

• Wittlich just double moved taking a hut from me..and a free tech it seems...so I request reload of the turn.

Comment

• I have posted my response in the actual Flamefest II turn thread:

But the bottom line is that there is no such thing as a "double move" during peacetime.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• This is the double move rule from the apolyton BTS diplo game...it is basically the same for every pitboss simultanious move game.

The Double Move Rule : 48 hour turns

1. No double moves during a time of war, except as noted below.

During times of war all concerned Civ's should allow for 1/2 the turn timer (24 hours) to pass between moves if the other Civs involved in the war have not moved since a concerned Civ has moved.

In other words: You cannot make moves during periods of war until either one of two things have occured:

i. All other concerned Civs in a war (being at war in game) have made moves/completed one turn since you have made your moves/completed a turn.

ii. 1/2 the turn timer (24 hours) has past since you made your moves/completed your turn.

The reason "made your moves/completed your turn" is worded that way is that a team can log in make some moves, log out, log back in and make more moves. Once a team makes ANY moves the requirement that says a team must make a move/complete a turn is fullfilled.

2. No moving of units after you have pressed 'End Turn'

3. No double moves of a Settler, at any time, if an opponents Settler is in the same vicinity as yours, and visible, except as in point 1.ii. above.

4. No double moves of a unit, at any time, if a goody hut is nearby, and an opponents unit is in the same vicinity, and visible, except as in point 1.ii. above.

5. Double moves should be allowed at all other times in order to help speed game play.

6. Play fair, be a gentleperson. We are all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Let's do just that and not screw our fellow gamers over by bending the rules to give ourselves an unfair advantage.

Comment

• This is NOT a Diplo Game. And I did not know about your scout until after I moved to on top of the hut.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Besides, a peacetime double-move rule would be very difficult to enforce given our 24-hour turn timer.

The bottom line is that I moved my scout, saw the hut, so went for it. It was only after I claimed the hut that I noticed your scout.

Comment

• never mind...I though it was unfair you get that hut by the double move
                          Last edited by Indiansmoke; July 14, 2009, 09:22.

Comment

• So... that means I have two close neighbors...

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by Indiansmoke View Post
                              never mind...I though it was unfair you get that hut by the double move

Good move Wittlich

Nice neighborly talk we had

Moving along

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich View Post
                                Besides, a peacetime double-move rule would be very difficult to enforce given our 24-hour turn timer.

The bottom line is that I moved my scout, saw the hut, so went for it. It was only after I claimed the hut that I noticed your scout.
                                Hey, you good my friend.

You took your turn and next turn would be the next turn

No different then him taking the hut if he waited til last like he normally does

(Thus giving him 2 simultaneous moves)

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                                X