Flamefest II - Attack of the Clowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
    You are aware that I was accidentally left out of the game despite the fact that I posted interest and was told there was room. A player or two even posted after me and they got in.

So I ask, how is you having to change starting positions more unacceptable then me being left out of the game altogether?
    You are correct in that it is not your fault for being left out...sort of.

I seem to remember seeing a list of all participants. Were you on this list? If not, why didn't you speak up then? There was a period of over a week between where we decided the who, what and when of them game before it was started by snoopy. During that time you could have spoken up about this?

If I am wrong and there was no list confirming who was going to be in the game, then I apologize.

Comment

• I posted interest about a week and a half before the game went live. No list of participants was posted between that time and the game going live, hence, no red flag for me to see and respond to.

I wasn't going to make a big deal about it, especially since Snoopy was the host and showed no interest in restarting. However, now that there is another very valid reason for the restart of course I am for it.

At the end of the day it is Snoopys decision however.

:desire: PLEASE RESTART :desire:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta View Post
        I may have caused that. I was logging in to play my turn - it was verrry slow loading, and then it dropped the connection. I have yet to play my first turn.

Sorry for the slow start folks. Just getting caught up after being away for a bit.

And - and - and - I think this is my double-deity post.

Welcome to DD Beta
        Im soon to be a Quad Deity..very soon

Now, i tried logging in but timed out, cant play this next turn

Just sharing

GT
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Well, it looks like the game wants me to reset it as well, because it CTDed sometime today. I'll restart it with the extra player and whatnot when I get a chance, but it may not be any time soon (very, very busy week and even weekend).
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            Well, it looks like the game wants me to reset it as well, because it CTDed sometime today. I'll restart it with the extra player and whatnot when I get a chance, but it may not be any time soon (very, very busy week and even weekend).
            When you can sir and again, much appreciated by one and by all

Comment

• Snoopy

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree View Post
                Adding a new player will cause everyone to get new starting positions; that is unacceptable to me.

Re-starting because Dreylin choose the wrong Civ then had the AI assign advance start points (not sure how that happens unless you turned the civ over to the AI, then took it back later) is not a great choice either, but it's not as bad as the first.

In MP games you don't get to re-load when you screw up a move due to your own fault.

I can completely understand snoopy's reluctance to re-start this game.
                Well, the question is moot now since Pitboss CTD'ed and forced a restart.
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Also it's possible AS was responsible for the game CTD'ing. Anyone have experience with AS is Pitboss? It would be extremely annoying to have to re-start this a second time...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Whew. And here I was just going to lament that I still couldn't get in.

My thanks Snoopy.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Well it all happened while I was away - the game has started and finished! Who won?

I am here, and I will be playing, in case anyone wondered. Waiting for the restart.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                        Well it all happened while I was away - the game has started and finished! Who won?
                        It went down to the wire between Big Free and me, but in the end, he got his butt kicked.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Comment

• Re-starting this has killed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree View Post
                              Re-starting this has killed it.
                              How so?

Comment

• It died and it was not revived.

Comment

Working...