X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrockel
    Hi all,

I've got dial up in the meantime - man I forgot how slow dial up is!!
    Mate - I live on dial up now - official connection speed 31.2 kbs - and downloading stuff like civ saves - download speeds average around the 1.5 kbs......

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Mate - I live on dial up now - official connection speed 31.2 kbs - and downloading stuff like civ saves - download speeds average around the 1.5 kbs......
      Wow - 49.2k never felt so fast!

Like the idea about no tech brokering, not so sure about the selection of leaders.

Still probably more fair than a random selection.

Who is your least favourite leader?

I dislike playing Isabella or Genghis - psycho.

Guess I'm a builder.

Comment

Welcome Nick!!!!

Glad to have you here.
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Now for Pete/Kiwa's mate.......

Hurry back from holiday Pete, and lets get this show on the road!!!
          Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
          Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
          Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Who is your least favourite leader?

That has changed over time.

I am not a fan of Ragnar really.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

We could just pick our leaders as per normal.

I wonder who I could pick?

Comment

Comment

So what do you reckon we have a game?

Comment

We seem to be awaiting the return of Pete's mate.

Mind you Rob is absoluetly spastic with work this time of year.

I'll send some PM's and see what else is going on.

Comment

5 weeks to go and the madness will be over................

Still no sign of Pete's mate though, or Pete recently for that matter.

I'll try to have a word in his shell-like tomorrow.........

Comment

Are you Santa Rob?

Comment

Well I have used the 'Come sit on my knee and I'll give you a present' line on the misses a few times in the past, but I think she's wise to it now...........

Comment

Either that or the present did not meet her expectations.......

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X