No announcement yet.

Aegean Team Game: Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really don't care whether we replay or not. this - and other events has somehow ruined the fun of the game

but if you do restart, please give us 48 for the first turn...
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by dacole

Anyway do you want me to reload the game if so at what date in game? Still willing to investiage if so desired.
      920 AD is the turn in which the double move took place. So, you to make sure that all is right, you could load a 920 AD save from before where GEO plays or load a 900 AD turn. Either would work fine.

Only, give the other players in this game some notice as to when you will re-load a turn and thus start the timer again moving. This will give everyone time to work this game back into their schedule.

Comment

• How about starting from 260AD? The turn the Egyptians double moved?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 920 or 260AD... i don't care.

but please do it this weekend as my internet connection is not working well enough to even start a turn. i can only play weekends until end of month...

Comment

• Lets start again from 920ad and put an end to this business for once and for all.

Sabre, if you are not able to play turns except for the weekend, then you'll need to find a temporary replacement to look after things until you resolve your internet issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
              Lets start again from 920ad and put an end to this business for once and for all.

Sabre, if you are not able to play turns except for the weekend, then you'll need to find a temporary replacement to look after things until you resolve your internet issues.
              I concur with Andydog.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I blame Beta.
                Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Originally posted by Andydog
                  pinchak and i knew about our absences and planned for it (queuing up turns). we should not be punished because two other teams have a disagreement on fair-play issues...

Comment

• Status Update?

Just out of curiosity, is there any news as to what the status of this game is?
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Re: Status Update?

Originally posted by Wittlich
                      Just out of curiosity, is there any news as to what the status of this game is?
                      Basically waiting for dacole to load 920 AD.

Comment

• ok as both agree that I can load from 920AD (though I still contend that I could see what happened by looking at the turns and logging in as each person around that time) that is what I will do. This is Wendsday 10:40 pM. I will load the game Friday morning with a 48 hour turn timer until Monday when I will change it to 24 hour (assuming I can change it when I open up a new save) this should give people time to work it back in their schedules. I agree since the absences were planned for and they had turns qued they should not be penalized. However they should be able pretty easily to get turns qued again with this setup.

Repeat the game will be loaded Friday morning with a 48 hour turn timer until Monday (going away this weekend so can't change it any sooner sorry) when it will go back to 24.
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

• Why a 48hr turn time? Let’s just keep it at 24hrs and get this game back on track.

And I still think that somebody should play sabre's and pinchak's turns during the week until either sabre’s internet is fixed or pinchak returns. We have sometimes saved 2-3 days/week through everyone ending their turns half way through the 24hr period. A speedy game that maintains momentum is a more interesting game and it keeps people on their toes. It should be no problem for turns to be queued with someone logging in and hitting end turn. This isn't disadvantaging or 'punishing' in any way, it's just consideration to fellow players.

But if everyone else doesn't mind long turns then I won't make a fuss about it.

Comment

• actually, you are making quite a fuss for a simple request of mine...

that being said, i'll possibly manage to play within the first 24 hours because dacole's morning is my afternoon. besides, with our regular 28 hour cycle i will cause 6-7 turns to end. just checking civstats history, i'm pretty sure that there are at least 3 other players who can beat that. i believe you and your former teammate(s) could be among that group

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                              actually, you are making quite a fuss for a simple request of mine...
                              When did you make your request? All I see above is you announcing that you can only play during the weekend until the end of the month. In those circumstances, I personally believe that a sub to keep things ticking over during weekdays is appropriate.

that being said, i'll possibly manage to play within the first 24 hours because dacole's morning is my afternoon. besides, with our regular 28 hour cycle i will cause 6-7 turns to end. just checking civstats history, i'm pretty sure that there are at least 3 other players who can beat that. i believe you and your former teammate(s) could be among that group
                              I don't understand your point here?
                              Are you saying you can play during the week after all?

Comment

• i meant fuss about the one 48 hour turn.

i can play during the week, but that strongly depends on the internet connection. sometimes it works (like this morning), sometimes it doesn't. that's why i didn't look for a sub... i thought i'd be able to play at least every 2nd turn in average. this would mean 1 turn to play and 0-2 turns with queued up movements.

but because of the reload, i cannot count on the automated part.

i hope this clears your concerns and that this discussion is over...

Comment

Working...
                                X