intersite BtS PitBoss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intersite BtS PitBoss

I am offering to be the host/server for an inter-site Beyond the Sword PitBoss game. This invitation is going out to CivFanatics, Strategamer, Apolyton, and PAL. The idea is to play a team game with players from each site forming a team.

My thoughts for the setup are as follows but are negotiable based on input from the teams:

The map will be a Large/Small map with the snaky continents feature and the islands feature. If teams can muster four players each the map size will he huge; if we can only manage to get three players per team we play on a large map.

The game will be simultaneous turns, no double moves allowed, 20-22 hour timer (tuned to make turnovers happen around 24 hours if not everybody plays).

No City Razing - ON
    No City Flipping from Culture - Off
    City Flipping after Conquest - Off
    No Barbarians - Off
    Raging Barbarians - Off
    Aggressive AI - Off
    Random Personalities - Off
    No Technology Trading - Off
    Permanent Alliances - ON
    Always War - Off
    Always Peace - Off
    One-City Challenge - Off
    Permanent War or Peace - Off
    New Random Seed on Reload - Off
    Lock Modified Assets - Off
    Require Complete Kills - ON
    No Vassal States - Off
    No Tribal Villages - Off

All Victory conditions Enabled.

I also would disallow the Portugese and Native American civs as I believe they are excessively powerful.

I offer this as a starting point. All of this is negotiable between the teams.

If your site is interested, recruit players, elect a captain, and contact me at whiplash@wi.rr.com

Is the intent to have four civs, with players representing those civs, or 16 civs, in four teams of four?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

The latter.

Comment

You omitted the option whether or not tech brokering is enabled (a player can only trade techs he/she researched). What's the choice there?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I was undecided on that option when I posted. All of the settings are up for negotiation between the teams.

Do you have four players now to form the Poly team?

Once the teams are formed I will start a thread for discussion of details.

whiplash

Comment

PS: Besides the posts here, I have received an e-mail from Southern Cross.

Comment

Umm - I'm really confused (happens easily - I know), but are you after ONE team of four people from each site, or FOUR teams of four people from each site?
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Four players from Apolyton for team #1
                Four players from CivFanatics for team #2
                Four players from PAL for team #3
                Four players from Strategamer for team #4

All (16 players in one game)

Teams play against one another.

Comment

Why only four players in a team?

Why not just one team from Apolyton - no matter how many members?
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

He means 4 independent civs from each site, teamed up through in-game mechanics.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      He means 4 independent civs from each site, teamed up through in-game mechanics.
                      Sweet then!

Sounds good.

Comment

Poly's team will be Dominae, Blake, Alex and Snoop.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                          Poly's team will be Dominae, Blake, Alex and Snoop.

Comment

ok, details forthcoming.

Comment

OK, time to roll.

I would like teams to organize by choosing one player as captain, or spokesman for his team. I have set up a thread at CivFanatics to have the captains discuss the game details. I would prefer to have only the captains post here rather than have the confusion from 16 posters.

Placeholder for Rules and team rosters. DRAFT: The map will be a Large/Small map, Huge or Large, with the snaky continents feature and the islands feature. The game will be simultaneous turns, no double moves during wartime allowed, 20-22 hour timer (tuned to make turnovers happen around 24...

I suggest that we allow duplicate civ’s rather than any kind of selection process. This isquicker and more fare. Captains need to decide which leaders their team will take.

When the game starts I would each player to use his name with a team tag so that all can understand who is on which team, example: PlayerJoe [CDZ]

Right now captains should be discussing game details with their teammembers.

Comment

Working...
                              X