Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Civ IV Pitboss 10+ players

Hey guys,

I know there are some Civilization IV players lurking around here somewhere.

I am arranging a pitboss game, I'm looking at around 10-14 players depending on how many sign up. The game will be simultaneous turns with a 24 hour turn timer. Note that this is vanilla Civ and not Warlords.

I have set-up a simple website/forums to organise everything, if you want to take part then you can register for the game at the following url:

When you register on the forums please select a civilizaiton/leader, but check the player list first to make sure you don't pick a civilization thats already been taken.

Once your in have a look in the forums, check the rules out, say hello, etc, and if you have any questions then feel free to make your own thread or message me through the forums.

I will be looking to start the game asap.

There are currently 3-4 slots remaining.

James - how did you do in your recruiting? To be honest - if it was warlords - you would have had a much better response - myself included.

Check out some of the recent pitboss recruiting threads - WVUFan's pitboss #2 for example - they get a great response. I really suggest you try warlords.

Although I do wish they kept the intro and theme music from Vanilla civ4.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Hey Beta, I did very well in my recruiting. 14 Players (I was only really looking for 12) in 12 hours or something, the game started last night.

The reason it looks like I didn't get much interest is because everyone is posting on the private forums I setup for the game.

I do have one problem at the moment though, and that is setting up civstats, I really can't understand why it isn't working as the instructions are so easy to follow.

My problem is on step three when adding a game. I have the uploader running on the server along with the pitboss game, it detects the game name, and it parses and monitors the data fine (I checked the logs), it even claims to sucsessfully connect to the server (and when I input an incorrect password the server replys).

However once I have the uploader running, and I click next on step 3, the website gives me an error saying "Uploader not connected"

I have checked my portforwarding just incase, but 80 is open on my router, which is the port it uses apparently. I don't have a firewall on my PC, and windows firwall is disabled.

It must be something really simple, I just don't know what.

Comment

Usually port 80 is reserved for web server usage by default. Perhaps you should consider trying another port instead.

Comment

How do you do that?

As far as I can tell their is no way to change the port civstats uses?

Comment

Glad the recruiting went well James.

Not sure about civstats. I did not have to make any changes for the game I was running. Is it an issue with running vanilla civ on pitboss? The only reason I ask is that this was the first vanilla civ pitboss game I had heard of.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I actualy got it partially working.

The problem seems to be something to do with the fact that the server I am using to host the pitboss is a web server already, so it uses port 80 for serving websites. This seems to be creating a conflict.

I changed the pitboss to a new server and civstats appears to work fine. I can setup civstats for a new pitboss game but not for my existing one that I loaded from a save. Is this normal?

Comment

Any news as to why the game has been down/unreachable for the past 3 days? Your website has been unreachable as well....
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Game up again...for now.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Game has been down for over a month now...

Point to self: "Never trust a 'newbie' who wants to host a PitBoss Game."

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                      Game has been down for over a month now...

Point to self: "Never trust a 'newbie' who wants to host a PitBoss Game."
                      "Once burnt..."

Bit like WVU fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X