New Warlords PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warlords PBEM

One of the Warlords PBEM's I'm in seems to have died so I'm looking to start a fresh game.

Warlords 2.08 - NOT vanilla

3 or 4 players

Map and settings up for discussion.

Any takers?
    Never give an AI an even break.

Sure Cerberus. I will join your endevour.

Comment

I'm in.

Pangaea.

Thinking 4 players.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Pangaea sounds fine.

Let's see if we can get one more player.

Comment

Settings?

One AI per player or none? (needs a higher difficulty level to make them more competitive)

Normal or Epic?

Normal climate or something a bit harder?

My initial thoughts are to include some AI's, use a standard/small size pangaea map with 'normal' climate, sea level, etc. I'm also inclined to have this one at Epic speed. It's not too slow for PBEM's (particularly if we only get 3 players) and gives a bit more time to build stuff and use military units before they go obsolete.

Comment

I'm easy concerning the game settings...as a matter of fact, put me down as a random civ as well.

Comment

Room for one more?

I'm OK with your settings Cerberus
              I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

Settings look fine. I am Ok with or without AI civs.

If we were to go with only four (welcome rumpo) player civs - we could try:

Asian Menace: China, Japan, India and Korea (civs assignned randomly by drawing names out of a hat)

Civilization in Europe; Burn Baby Burn: English, French, Germans, Russians

The Classics: Carthage, Egypt, Persia, Greece (I leave Rome out because of the unbalancing strength of the Praetorians.)

Personally, I like the Asian civs; randomly assigned. And we use Asoka and Qin Shi Huang. No AI's

But, then again, I am easy with whatever.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

With rumpo in the game - looks like the turn order would be rumpo, Cerb, Beta, Witt. rumpo and Cerb would have to figure out the best play order bewteeen them. I have been in enough games with Witt, who as you can see from his sig, is on the west coast, to know that the Beta-Witt order works best.
                  Last edited by Beta; November 23, 2006, 14:02.

Comment

I'm based in London and am assuming that Cernerus is in the Irish Republic so the day starts earlier here. However, I generally play my turns after I return from work (6 pm or so GMT) so that might have a bearing on the order.
                    I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

I usually play GMT daytime at the moment but will be starting shifts in a few weeks which may mess things up from time to time. So turn order will be Cerberus -> Rumpo -> Beta -> Witt.

Small Pangaea with no AI's. Normal climate, sea level, etc. Epic speed.

I like the Asian civs idea.

If everyone is happy with that setup I'll randomly assign the civs and get the show on the road.

My email is cerberusiv (at) eircom (dot) net

Comment

Perfectly happy with the plan.

contact me - steve [dot] rumney [at] ukonline [dot] co [dot] uk

Mark Thomas

Comment

Sounds great!

rumpo - I will send you my email address.

Comment

Cool

Mark Thomas

Comment

Game off and running.

Tracker thread here -

Comment

Working...
                              X