Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake

So yes, you did win. You demolarized me.
      Victory through dentistry!

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I would say "And that's why I usually spell check stuff", but puns cheer me up .

Comment

• Actually, I had read the quote about 5 times before it sank-in that it wasn't demoralized...my mind just kept telling me that that is what it was. Once I realized the typo, Beta's comment finally made sense.

Comment

• Funny, for some reason I noticed it right away. Then again, I am the official Sarantium spelling and grammar Minister.

There was this 'thing' going around via email awhile back. It was a few sentences of script, but with the consonants in most, if not all words, jumbled. It was easily read, for exactly the reason you noticed Witt. The human mind seems to recognize what is intended, as opposed to what is actually written down.
            Last edited by Beta; November 29, 2007, 11:39.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
              I like being cocky and am never going to stop :P. At least, until everyone person on earth realizes that not all which barks lacks bite.
              I was going to say that the alliance should have gone after the fangs instead of the molars...
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

I was going to say that the alliance should have gone after the fangs instead of the molars...
                Indeed.

Comment

• I will always remember the challenge. I've learned so much about turning the tide against a superpower. Indeed, it could be true in real life. I wonder why certain attacks worked? It's given me much to digest even while I've not been playing regularly.

I've also realized the difference in the regular SP players and the Mp guys. No wonder the Ladder guys are seen as wild, rootin-tootin irregular fellows! There is nothing like human brain cells against each other.

Hopefully Blake will have some new tricks for the next AI he programs.. erm.. BTS ai were stinkers ... and the next ones are going to be rootin tootin trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by condor223
                    ... and the next ones are going to be rootin tootin trouble.
                    Yee haw!

Thanks Nols - I have not heard anyone use the phrase "rootin tootin" in a dogs age.

Comment

• LOL, well that ages this old cowgirl. Did I tell you we lived in the New Mexico desert for 8 years? The cowboys came to town wearing boots and there were bales of hay in the back of their pickups... sometimes with spurs jingling.. It was a very small town, and such fun, glorious views and nice weather.

Yea.. I'd say Blake is my fav Rootin-tootin game adversary.. What fun to see his stability and to force me/us to dig for any possible options left unguarded. The Vondrack military school was just that.. close examination and (unfortunately for me had to be slow) tutoring about what you use vs what is there. Thumbs up to Radek for his great strats and his personal military academy for Japan's education. The old cowgirl learned some new tricks.
                      Gloria
                      Last edited by condor223; November 30, 2007, 13:16.

Comment

• Which town was that, Gloria? I spent most of my childhood in Las Cruces and Alamogordo...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• We lived in Socorro NM.. on the outskirts of town, on a bluff overlooking the city. The week we arrived there it had snowed and my son, who helped us move there in a Uhaul, took apart the wheelbarrow and used the bucket as a toboggon as the little used road was rather steep. He was in his late twenties then and never saw snow before. We'd raised the kids in South Florida so snow was good fun.

Socorro is the home of NewMexico Tech and somewhat the center for the astronomers at the VLA. There were also government sites in the county, such as the Trinity Site. I remember fondly riding a mountain bike on a bike rally every fall.

Nice folks there, lots of space, the Rio Grande, the wildlife reserve, and a view to ABQ ninety miles north.

Comment

• Ah, Socorro. Drove through there regularly going from LC to Albuquerque... mostly remember it for being a speed trap but I did have a friend who went to Tech.

The year I moved to LC (1986 fall) there was a huge snow... we'd moved from Michigan so lots of snow there, but we sold all of our snow stuff in a garage sale thinking we wouldn't need it. Sure enough about a foot fell in one day that year (but never happened again...) Great welcoming
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                            X