Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think difficulty level does matter Strudo. It will effect :

i. Strength of barbarians
    ii. Tech costs (although this will be equal for all)
    iii. Maintenance costs (again equal, but will shape how yo build your empire)
    iv. Health and Happiness (once again equal, will limit how quickly yo can expand tec.)
    v. Tribal village results (the higher the difficulty the less really good stuff you get)

I think that is about all. For the record I'd like to play Monarch, but am happy playing anything Prince and above.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Everything seems to be coming along nicely here

I have no objections to any of the above game settings. Continents are good, standard size is fine. Raging barbs on I hope. I would also like the dificulty level to be Monarch (or anything Prince and above - no need to make it too easy eh!).
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
      Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I'm against raging barbarians. This is not a game against the AI and we can much better "entertain" each other than be "entertained" by the AI. Raging barbarians discourage early warfare, because you need to keep the bulk of your troops at home.

Comment

Well I've never played with raging barbs on before, but then I've never played a game without any AI either, so I might not know what I'm talking about. Tempted to just flip a coin to see if it's on or off. I'll set up the game monday afternoon, about 12 hours from now, unless phbreng returns to set it up. If anyone has opinions about the barbs that might convince me one way or another, you have about 12 hours to get them to me.

Sorry for missing your email in the earlier posts SirRalph. Still getting used to looking for email addresses without the symbols

Comment

after a long time on the limbo, im back... kind of, cause i still need to go back there..

This week is being to damn hard for me, so, i think i wont be able to set up the game.

fortunatly im seeing that strudo is doing it, so, tank ya, and lets get this going

Hey strudo, just one more thing... dont forget to create the thread on the PBEM tracker forum...

c ya soon people... gotta get back to my studies...

Comment

Was setting up, but what game speed? I usually play marathon, but is that suitable for MP? First person to reply can choose game speed since it's currently running on the setup screen in the background and thats the last thing I need to set before starting!!

Comment

Epic!!!
                Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Wooooo hoooooo, we can start!!!

Comment

Righto, epic it is.

Now I'll just figure out what to put in the tracker thread thingy and we'll be off. Never set up one of those before either so hopefully it will be useful.

Just so you all know, I went with no raging barbs for the sole reason that I have never played above noble level and I set everyone to prince for this game. Didn't want to get stomped by barbs too early.

If anyone knows of any other games in the planning stages, let me know as I'm keen to get into a couple of games with various different settings.

Comment

OK here's the tracker thread, I hope

So here we go

Comment

ok i hope i dont stuff up in my move of house and lose internet conenction. if i see my turn to paly posted and i haivng problems i will post my work email to receive the game save isntread.
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I'd love to get in...

Comment

We just started it sorry b5fan74, but I'm hoping to get into a couple of games so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting into another game. 8 players was suggested as enough for this game in any case. I myself have never got into any MP games on these forums (before this one) so I'm looking at playing some games with different settings to try them out. I'll try and keep you posted when I get something organised.

Comment

did someone add me to their msn from here, i think i might have not accepted the request to add to my list !!!
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

That may well have been FeMme as you follow her in the order of play. I will let her know when we get back from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X