X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, need some help.

Been trying to start a PBEM.

The following Error message:

"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed."

Followed by CIV closing/ctd.

If I make the game, others get this message on trying to load the save. If someone else makes it, I get the message.

I have uninstalled, deleted both the directory and my documents folders for CIV, downloaded a fesh copy of 1.52, and re-installed everything from scratch. No help there.

No mods, nothing wierd.

Any ideas?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

has happened to me quite a few times...

my only successful solution... restart and try again, and again and again...

is frustrating, especially if you have a few players etc... but eventually it works

also make sure you do NOT use an admin password... there is a flaw with it

hope that this helps
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Just some minor clarification:

Do you mean restart the PBEM and resend a new save, or just restart CIV and keep loading the save till it works?

If the former, does the game play smooth once the first round is clear, I hope?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

yeah option 1

and once it has done one round you should never have the issue again

seems there is an issue between systems nfts and fats32... I do not fully appreciate all of that issue... just that once you past it the game rolls on

sadly though we have had some games needing three complete restarts which with all the settings etc is a pain... but once the game is up and running, well it is all good then

hope that helps
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

That happened to us with the "Virgin" game. I think we wound up with trial 5 being the successful one.
          Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

5 restarts...? ouch
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Looks like we finally got it figured out.

Officially about a dozen restarts, but only a few minus the admin password. Thanks a bunch!

Why isn't this info posted somewhere easy to find and topped somewhere on either Poly or CFC though...
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

no idea on why is so hard to find...

glad you got a start though
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                X