Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-session Gamespy game - for Europeans with day-jobs (or Americans without them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-session Gamespy game - for Europeans with day-jobs (or Americans without them)

This is a cross-post of another thread .
    Sorry if you've already read it.

I'm starting out a multi-session online game. While not a PBEM game, it should appeal to the PBEM crowd because the pace is slow and manageable.

Schedule:
    Sessions are from 21:00-23:00 GMT (that's 16:00-18:00 EST), about 3 nights a week. This schedule is meant to satisfy the majority of the Europeans, but of course anybody who can make it is welcome.

You can expect something on the order of 10 sessions for this game.

Game details:
    2-3 teams of: 2 humans + 1 AI
    Archipelago
    Large map
    Non-simultaneous turns
    Time victory is on, so this game won't take "forever"

Comments:
    I'm in the middle of a similar game with Mysterio, Likes_civing and DLP. The game's already in the middle ages and we're having a blast. This new game is meant to improve on the other game's formula. Other game's thread.

The large teams discourage small wars, as does the archipelago.

If you get consent from your team-mate, you're allowed to switch to playing your team's AI. This rule is meant to prevent players from getting frustrated from playing a losing civ, and to keep them from quitting. Each team only gets to do this switch once.

This game is meant to be fun, so you're allowed to retire. Of course, you'll thereby admit to a shameful defeat, and subject yourself to some mocking .

The non-simultaneous turns give us time to discuss game politics, share war stories, mock our enemies, and teach civ to newbies (that would be me).

I chose Archipelago because I've never tried it, but if a majority wants another thing, we'll do that.

If you don't show up, that's a Bad Discouraged Thing. We'll find someone from Gamespy who'll fill-in for you, or more likely, take over for the rest of the game.

Refer to the main thread, linked above, so sign up.

This sounds like something that would work very well with PiTBoSs. If you have a machine that can stay online to host the game out side of the sessions, you can continue to play it like a PBEM in between the turn sessions.

I can't make the schedule, but if that sounds like something you'd be interested in, let me know and I can pass along more details...
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Thanks for the help. Found some players, I'm set

Comment

Working...
      X