X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM help!

Hi, folks...

Please, help me.

I'm trying to set a PBEM game but it seems to be impossible. And, unless you all were faking those threads about PBEM games, it *IS* possible to set one.

But how?

6 players, no AI. I set the game normally, no passwords set, no administrative password. I play my turn and instructed every other player to not assign any admin password. Instead, everyone have to hit Alt+d inside the game and set his password.

Well, all players were able to play the turn. They followed the instructions, etc...

But when the save come back to me, (turn 2), I just can't open it.

This is all I get:
    Attached Files
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

I had this problem too.

Did you use that program that came along with BlueMarble in order to change some settings? I forget what the program was called since I'm not at home.

If you did, you need to run it and restore the defaults. Then you'll be able to open the save.

Comment

Nope... Just vanilla cIV patch 1.52.

But maybe one of the players could be using it. Would it make any difference?

I'll check.
      Thanks, HitAnyKey.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas

Comment

Just noticed, the problem is in my game. The same save worked just fine in another computer, no error messages at all.
        I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game (twice), but nothing seems to fix this.

As I said, no mods, nothing extra, just vanilla patched 1.52... There's something I'm missing here?

Come on, folks... I know you hard gamers & tech guys know about that or how to fix...

And, if it is a whole new problem, who wants to be the first to check it out?
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas

Comment

Are different Operating Systems involved by any chance? Different file storage systems cause mismatch errors in v1.52...
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Nope...
            But after a complete uninstall-install, deleting any file or folder conected to the game... It works.

Thanks anyway, for the attention, Rommel2D!
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
            X