No announcement yet.

Standard PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want Aztecs, I'd gladly flip you for it.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Nah, it's just that I don't really like PBEM. I only play to do the selection process. If you look at some of the CIII games I started, you'll notice they were all downhill after that... (where's con when I really feel like annoying someone...?)
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

How do people feel about random civs?
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

A quick phone survey shows that 90% of Americans questioned are highly indifferent, with a P-value of .53 that the postition for my cell phone suggested by the other 10% is not pysically possible...

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
            How do people feel about random civs?
            I can go with that too.

Comment

Random's fine with me.

Are we going to start multiple games and settle on the one that best suits *every body*?
              Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Still need someone else? I'm up for it if you do. If not, that's fine too.

If I'm in, random civs are fine.

Comment

I would like to get a couple of PBEMs going, too. If this game is full, keep me in mind for any future games...
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Rhoth, Dominae, I think we can find room for both of you

I think Random Civs seems to be agreeable to everyone.

As for choosing a map, I'm generally of the "take whatever the game gives you and go," but I do understand some people like to make sure they don't have a terrible start. What does the group think?

Comment

It seems to me that most of the time Civ4 seems to be better than Civ3 in giving the players starts that are decent (i.e. no starts surrounded completely by jungle). It was almost a necessity to get a mapmaker in Civ3. I don't think it is as much of a necessity for this game.

Oh, and are we playing with the new patch? I've downloaded it, but haven't patched yet.

Comment

Yes, I think everyone should be playing with the patch.

Comment

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss the "accellerated start" feature found in SMAC. Some of those starts were bloody terrible, but the first 20 turns of a Civ4 PBeM game essentially amount to a grand total of about 5 minutes of actual gameplay spread among a month of time.

Comment

If PiTBoSs is available by the time we start, we could play those in < 5 hours...
                            Last edited by Rommel2D; January 5, 2006, 12:52.

Comment

If you mean patch 1.52, already on it.

Starting multiple games, and then selecting a save to continue with works, but I agree with the sentiment that I've never had a terrible map. Sometimes I like bad starts, it makes you a more accomplished player if you can do well with a little than always have the easy all resources bonanza start.

Comment

I trust the CIV map generator to provide playable starting locations for everyone. If we play continents there's the possibility of being isolated on a small island. That does not take too long to figure out, so I would be willing to start over in that case.

Random civs is ok with me. Picking civs is fun too, though. Why are the Aztecs so popular?

Are we paying Quick speed, or Normal? I'm leaning toward Quick.
                                And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Working...
                                X