Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
    save down loaded fine
    Are you playing now? Otherwise I will give it a try. Diplomatic victory should be possible.

Comment

• please go for it...

I was just stating that the link worked is all
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• OK.

The ambitious project United Civilizations, started by Verrucosus in 1956, is finished in Kyoto. Delegates from the other people get a bit wary when the first election results come in:

Still, the power of Egypt is not enough to persuade the rest of the world to accept the Pharaoh as the new world leader. So, we plan to show our benevolence and good-will to Montezuma:

He received a few other goodies along the way (musicals and singles). We hope to get over the vote threshold in the next elections.

Comment

• Let's see how it worked out in the end:

Whoops.

It's bully-domination: We are so powerful that noone dares to step in our ways. It's diplomatic domination: We become the world leader without any further blood spilling.

It's a Victory for Egypt!

We get compared to some strange cigar smoking Warlord. The people of Egypt believe that the world leader is in fact much better looking than this Churchil guy, especially considering her advanced age.

Comment

• OK, now for the statístics.

Here is the replay file: http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...927_Replay.zip. Copy it into your replay folder and replay the history of Egypt.

A few statistics:

Comment

• Last words:

Thanks to anyone who played in this event. I think I had five sessions, and it was lots of fun. Thanks to the combined effort of the players, starting from the ancient age, we could secure Egypt's dominance of the world.

All hail Egypt! All hail the Pharaos!

Comment

• Hear, hear!

This was my very first succession game and I enjoyed it immensely. Someone aptly described it as a low-intensity democracy game and that fits my needs just fine. Moreover, I learned a more lot about the game by watching all of you play. Now, I'm going to follow vovan's link to the parallel game in another forum to see how they did.

With regards,
                Verrucosus

P.S.: Until phlucas posted the victory screen, I was under the false impression that Makahlua was a man.
                P.P.S. (shameless plug alert): I have started a Civ1 succession game in the "Classics" forum. It's in desperate need of some attention, so if anyone of you has a weakness for Civ1, please don't hesitate to drop by and play a few turns.
                Last edited by Verrucosus; September 24, 2006, 12:27.

Comment

• never seen the UN screen before

is that a sign of a true monger?

yes thank you all

PS (sigh)....dont own civ1
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• victory - yah!!!!!

civ 1 - opps no longer have a copy either

will a new SG be started soon???
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• There's already one going on for Warlords. I don't have that expansion yet, but I plan to get it soon.

Comment

• cheers mate

Warlords is a lot of fun
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Wow, I can't believe it's all over!! I was getting all excited by the possibilty of taking over the whole world but there was no need!!

Well done everyone for a fantastic game! When I first started reading about the slow start this game had I wasn't sure that we'd ever finish it. Thank to everyone for putting in the effort, it was all worth it in the end.

P.S. I think the next one should be set at a higher level though, this seemed a bit on the easy side for me.
                          Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Member of Team Southern Cross in Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game
                          Member of the Great Council of the Horde in Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• phlucas, could you do a walk thru for us noobs on how to get the replay file out ?

FeMme...care to put a new one together ?

have a little honey in, to draw us flies in

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                              phlucas, could you do a walk thru for us noobs on how to get the replay file out ?
                              (1) Unzip the archive. You will get a file of type .Civ4Replay (it is not large, but the upload service does not recognise the extension, hence the need for zipping).

(2) Copy this file into your replay folder, which is at "%USERPROFILE%\My Games\civ4\Replays" (%USERPROFILE% is something like "C:\Documents and Settings\Platypus Rex\").

(3) Start Civ4, go "View hall of fame", and click on the small icon to the left of "Makahlua of Egypt".

Comment

• let me ask it this way...

if I was playing a game and wanted to zip it

go to the same file--copy and zip

correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X