Comment

• great pic

great line
            "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

great effort for the kingdom
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• One might think we are going for a domination victory. Who will be next? Montezuma?

Comment

• I have downloaded the save. If there are no objections, I will play later today.

Comment

• excellent

looking forward to where this goes
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• 1955 AD
                    - Verrucosus once more assumes the responsibilities of government. Facing malicious rumours that point to his Roman-sounding name and question his loyalty, he promises immediately to pursue the campaign against Rome.
                    - The initial inspection of cities results in no major changes. "Steady as she goes" will be the motto of this government.
                    - Three destroyers from the fleet assembled near Ravenna move to guard the eastern shore of the formerly Greco-Roman continent. The rest of the fleet including the transports moves west.

1956 AD
                    - At the invitation of the Pharaoh, Egyptian, Aztec and Indian delegates meet in Kyoto to negotiate a new world order after the impending defeat of the Romans. Commentators expect that it will take more than a decade before we know whether this ambitious attempt to unite the nations of the world can succeed.

1957 AD
                    - Montezuma asks us to break off relations with the Incan Empire. We refuse.

1958 AD
                    - Caesar asks for peace offering Divine Right and 30 gold. (Generous, isn't he?) ... We refuse.

1960 AD
                    - Unrest ends in Antium, Pisae and Ravenna, but Antium (size 17) is starving because of -45 unhappiness. A jail is rushed in Antium while the government is contemplating the introduction of a Police State to deal with increasing war weariness.

1961 AD
                    - The jail built in Antium returns half of the workforce to the fields and factories. Plans for a Police State are discarded, but the culture rate is raised by 10 % to help fight war weariness and promote Egyptian culture in the outskirts of the captured Romans cities.
                    - A Roman frigate appears in the Bay of Sparta. Two destroyers move to intercept it.

1962 AD
                    - After sinking a fleet of Egyptian fishing boats, the Roman frigate is attacked and destroyed by the Egyptian navy.

1963 AD
                    - Tlacopan is captured by the Incan Empire.
                    - Pharaoh Makahlua opens the Three Gorges Dam at Memphis. The powerful Nile now supplies all cities on the Egyptian home continent with hydro power.
                    - An Egyptian attack force lands near Satricum.

1964 AD
                    - Civil disorder ends in Rome and Cumae. Both cities start working on Theatres to promote Egyptian culture.
                    - Satricum is taken. Egyptian forces land near Setia, the new Roman capital.

1965 AD
                    - The Armoured Tank Brigade at Satricum defends the city against a recapture attempt by Roman infantry.
                    - Pi-Femmeses finishes construction of a SS-Casing-component.
                    - The Incans complete their Apollo Programme.
                    - After softening up the helicopter gunship guarding the Roman capital by artillery, Egyptian tanks take the city.
                    - Simultaneously, Circei is taken by Egyptian marines by amphibious assault. It would have been a heroic feat, had the city not been defended by Pikemen. Caesar flees to the remaining Roman city of Ostia.

Points for discussion:
                    - Domination victory should be possible by joining the Incan campaign against Montezuma.
                    - We control 60 % of the world's population, so we might attempt a diplomatic victory after the UN is finished in 1967.
                    - Several cities are working on basic spaceship components. We are researching Computers right now and can start building laboratories in two turns. The Elevator is one more tech away.
                    Last edited by Verrucosus; September 23, 2006, 09:27.

Comment

• Another continent waiting for Egyptian culture!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Roads to Victory
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I'm afraid I have to reveal some lack of computer literacy and ask for help with the saved game. When I try to attach it to my post, I'm told it's too big. (500000 bytes are allowed. The file is 586 KB in its pure form, 524 KB when zipped and 518 when rared.) Is there another way to upload the file than attaching it to the post? (The last few saves were also larger than 500 KB, so I suppose there is a way.)

Comment

• well done Sire, well done indeed

on the save, have a read of the uploader in the faq

Last edited by Paddy; September 23, 2006, 09:25.
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Thank you! I never knew we had an uploader.

If I didn't make a mistake, this should be the link to the saved game:

Edit: It took a second attempt, but it should work now. Good luck to my successor!

Comment

• save down loaded fine
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X