No announcement yet.

How the pit boss feature may work . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the pit boss feature may work . . .

I am currently playing the Game of Go on the Dragon Go Server and from reading the description of the Pit Boss feature, have decided it may be similar to what the Dragon Server offers for this turnbased game.

I posted this at the CivFanatics forum as well to give those who may be confused by the description of the Pit Boss feature of CIV IV, so you can see the possibilities yourself. There is one exception I recognize right off between the Dragon Go Server and Pit Boss: Pit Boss will allow you to download your turnbased game and play it online whereas, with the Dragon Go server, the game stays on the server and cannot be played in realtime.

Here is the link to the Dragon GO Server:

The Dragon Go Server (DGS) is a place where you can play turn-based Go (aka Baduk or Weichi) with other players from around the world in different time zones. It functions more or less the same way as playing Go via email but just using your web browser. DGS also provides discussion forums about Go.

You do not have to log-in or register to read about its features. Just click on the FAQ button on the left of the screen and you can read about it.

Hope this is similar to what the Pit Boss feature is going to be like. At least it will give us something to discuss.

Enjoy

What description of PITBOSS are you referencing? Was this something from the devs or a wish list of features? I'd really like to have the ability to switch between PBEM and online, but didn't think it was going to happen...
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I will have to try and find that post again. I remember them saying it was going to be released after the beginnning of the year adn it gave a description of what features would be included.

It may have been from a gaming article, which would not be the most reliable source of info.

I will post a link if I can find it again.

Comment

Working...
      X