Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Patch Is Available For Download!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Patch Is Available For Download!!!

hey all, if you can't find it, then login to play an internet game via gamespy... it will automatically download from there.

Cheers!

Emperor_V

...or use the built in updater inside the main menu-->advanced. But this belongs to the main forum, and there we already have two threads on it.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have since installed the 1.09 patch. After receiving latest save file for PBEM, it comes to part where I have to input my password and after I do, then click ok, nothing happens. I can keep clicking ok and ditto..nothing changes. If I click cancel, password screen goes away and then initialization completes, screen goes black a sec and I am back to Main Menu!

How do I resolve this? Thanks

Comment

You can't. The save version in 1.09 is 1.01, because they added pw encryption, any 1.00 save that has a pw won't load in 1.09. Unforunately most 1.00 PBEM and Epic games are likely dead in the water,

CS
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Can you not remove your password for one turn? Then add it again after you upgrade?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

This is very poor. I know my two PBEMs were not too far along, but still -- there's no warning that this change was coming.

And we are looking at additional programming/patching coming in the near future to address other deficiencies in the multiplayer features.

no mailing from within the game.
            no pitboss
            continued problems in the gamespy lobby for some players
            crashing in MP games -- although that could be covered in regular code fixes
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Well gents,

I was in 12 pbems, and now that the incredible geniuses at Firaxis or 2k or whever the bureaucracy of this game screwed up, every one of the 12 games is unplayable due to several issues:

unable to enter pw and press enter,
              pw's are no longer needed and when I enter the game, it just sits there saying waiting for other civilizations,
              unable to perform any actions... game is frozen.

Looks like every pbem has to be scrapped, and I will not be starting any new ones, because I'm sure the so called geniuses at Firaxis and 2k or wherever will have overseen these issues and any new ones which will rise up at the next patch... until they make us buy an add on pack, which of course will have to be patched at least 2 times, before they make us buy another add on pack, which of course will have to be patched 2 times before civ5 comes out promising better things.... lol, and we're the idiots who buy these games and get addicted to them. What geniuses.

Comment

maybe you could come back because we are having lots of fun here Emperor

Hope you give it another try

this game rocks
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hear yee hear yee

the patch

the patch is out....

lets get upgraded and into the demo games and pbems
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Lots and lots of improvements within this patch.
                    The Sherrin Foundation
                    Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Yeah, welcome after. Enjoy.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Chirurgie
                        I have since installed the 1.09 patch. After receiving latest save file for PBEM, it comes to part where I have to input my password and after I do, then click ok, nothing happens. I can keep clicking ok and ditto..nothing changes. If I click cancel, password screen goes away and then initialization completes, screen goes black a sec and I am back to Main Menu!

How do I resolve this? Thanks
                        for the last patch, thamer explained how to fix this. i think i posted my additional comments on it somewhere.

anyhow, it's pretty simple to do if you have a hex editor and have the instructions...
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                        X