Into the Pit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Into the Pit...

I've browsed a bunch of CIV stuff, but have yet to see much detail about pitboss. Could someone summerize or provide (a) link(s)?
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Other than stating that it's a Persistant Turn Based Server mechanism, there has been little said in all the previews. This is likely because it will not ship with the first release but as part of a future patch, and therefore the specific details have likely not been finalized. The only thing that's been hinted at is that it's likely alot like a PBEM game except that no save need be sent since he game is always "online".

CS
    Global Admin/Owner
    Civilization Players Leagues
    www.civplayers.com
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

My assumption is that this would eliminate cheating and provide an automated mechanism to skip turns if players don't respond within a given window (ah, to be free of my Iron Civer responsibilities... ;-) .

Would it possibly be an expansion pack? I wouldn't mind paying extra for it if it has those features, but my precognitive powers foretell a boatload of complainers for something like that...
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I have no concrete information at hand, but I got the idea it wasn't so much the ability/lack of ability to play such a game in the shipped game so much as the existence of a persistent server to play from ... and probably some significant testing of such a medium that requires more than the rest of the game, hence the delay.

I hope it would indeed both eliminate cheating and provide turnskipping ... certainly I imagine this to be THE future for Iron Civer games
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X