Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well done sir ... #1 in population and Food, #2 in GNP

Next
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ok I guess I'll go next if no one else is volunteering?

Comment

Go for it

Comment

Great!

I don't wanna take any chances with our scout so he's healing in the woods now. I'm also withdrawing the warrior towards the area we build the second city- it's not fun losing settlers to animals! Had it happen to me on my first SP game!

Looks like I'm the lucky one who gets to place the second city! Since our second city is probably the most important I just want to confirm the location before the settler is ready.. what do you guys think about this spot?

It's go access to wheat, stone and sheep! Should be a thriving city in the future!

Comment

2720 BC: Ack! Lions spotted on the outskirts of Rome! I hope animals don't attack cities... and they're right in the direction of the spot for our second city! Good thing that warrior is on his way back...

edit: hmm I'm having trouble with attaching images like you guys did... how did you do that? The one I attached was huge compared to yours...

here's a link for the one I wanted to attach here

lions

Comment

2520 BC: I think we have a bear problem... may need to call a professional!
              Attached Files

Comment

2480 BC: A year so great in fortune and achievement that it will live in our people's minds in the forms of song and legend for centuries to come. Judaism was founded and adopted in Rome and settlers ready to claim the riches of the western plains have embarked.

And to top that all off the menacing bears have both went off in opposite directions of our warriors and the site of our city as if our new God has smiled down upon us in appreciation.
                Attached Files

Comment

If I were placing the city, i'd place it 1 tile south of the stone ... less desert (ie unworkable terrain) there. But it's up to you, as it's your game now

Comment

Originally posted by TheDarkside
                    2480 BC: A year so great in fortune and achievement that it will live in our people's minds in the forms of song and legend for centuries to come. Judaism was founded and adopted in Rome and settlers ready to claim the riches of the western plains have embarked.

And to top that all off the menacing bears have both went off in opposite directions of our warriors and the site of our city as if our new God has smiled down upon us in appreciation.
                    Excellent!

Comment

2440 BC:

I see what you're saying about the desert... hmm but those sheep and the grassland tile to the left of the desert just might tip the scale in that spot's favor. Also, those tiles to the south could be used by another coastal city right by those cows, so they wouldn't overlap in coverage if this second city was one tile to the north in that plains, within reach of the sheep.

I switched Rome to produce our first Workers and seeing as how our part of the world primarily has animals I am researching animal husbandry... the cows near Rome and the sheep next to the proposed second city would both be claimed

Comment

2400 BC:

The settler and warrior have met at the proposed site, and those lions we saw earlier have shown up again... right next to the woods south of the site... so I sent the settler and warrior to the plains so they are not right next to the lions..

Meanwhile the scouts who continued their exploration of the north have caught a glimpse of the French capitol.
                        Attached Files

Comment

2360 BC:

The settlers could build a city now in the plains, and luckily the lions went off to the right instead of following the settlers... So the woods to the south are clear now... big decision !

The game put a blue circle on the current spot but I've seen some really nasty placed cities before by the AI!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm eating lunch now so I hope I get some feedback on placing this city! It's a really important decision!

Comment

At first I was inclined to go along with the original city site, thinking that the one extra desert square would be worth the sheep. But the +1 health of the sheep isn't needed early in the game really.

So then I came to the conclusion that taking the site south of the stone might really be the better choice. True, we are out of range of the sheep now but we get more workable land, and a few forests to cut if we need some extra hammers for accelerating a project or two.

Finally, leaving the sheep for now means that we can save it for a later city placed between the sheep and incense, even if we don't do this until we are running out of good city sites.

So, the choice is yours of course, but that is my thinking on the matter.

edit: Hehe!

Comment

2360 BC - Part 2:

OK, I did it! The city was placed on the plains and was named Antium!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X