No announcement yet.

[PBEM]Civ4 Succession Game #1: Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4000 bc: Found Rome, start work on Warrior. Start Hunting, since that gets us Scouts and leads to Animal Domestication, for the cows.
    3960 bc: Explore w/ warrior ...
    3920 bc: Same ...
    3880 bc: Same ...
    3840 bc: Warrior finds something useful! Sheep, incense, and best of all ... STONE! We can take a wonder-producing strategy, if we want to. (Heck, my first full SP game I did it without the stone, but ...)
    Attached Files
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

3800: Rome expands, and the tribes in the hut there give us ... Mysticism! First tech i've ever gotten this way.

This changes things a bit; i'll go for polytheism or one of the other religious techs next, instead of animals. We don't want an early worker anyway ...

3760: Discover hunting; start work on Polytheism (12). That's a reasonable length of time for it. Go for Meditation (9) if you want the faster religion, but only do that if you're a civ that starts with Mysticism ... otherwise you'll get beaten to it. Polytheism, on the other hand, is often not gone for right away by the AI, and even if it is, Monotheism is right after that, giving you 2 shots at founding a religion (which is very important to do!).

3720: More exploring; find a hut, and a wheat. That's good, so the stone city can have wheat also, and use those shields
      Last edited by snoopy369; October 29, 2005, 06:24.

Comment

3680: Warrior #2 produced; change to Scout. Warrior #2 goes to fill in some holes in the south. Warrior #1 heads to the hut, and gets "maps". Ooh, sigh. Also discovers some friendly lions (By friendly, i mean likely-to-kill-him...)
        Attached Files

Comment

3640: Warrior #1 survives the encounter! I don't bother to heal, as he's 1.2/2, and it'll take 5!! turns to heal. More exploring, NW.

3600: Warrior #1 finds silk! That's 3 happiness resources.

3560: Warrior #2 finds that we have a lot of tundra on the southern coast... so we must be near the south pole. Hmm. I am starting to wonder if we're alone on this continent ... which is not a bad thing at all It's not a perfect continent, but it's certainly good enough for me ...

3520: Hinduism is founded in a distant land Before Buddhism (Meditation), which is unusual as it's (Polytheism) a harder tech. Ah well, we'll be jewish then I guess Warrior #1 finds some more lions. Oops ...

3480: Yep, warrior #1 bites the dust. Ah well.

3440: Scout produced! Send him off, and start working on a Work Boat to get those clams for us.

3400: Nothing much ... and so ends my stewardship.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am ready..

Who has the turn next??..

Just saying played like 8 hours last night and up and gonna get some more in now

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Here's the save A tidy 110kb, which is decently small. We'll see how much bigger it gets ...

Suggestions:
              * I strongly suggest going for Monotheism as the next tech. I realize this means skipping the worker techs, but it's worth it ... to be competitive in this game, you HAVE to found a religion. Being able to spy everyone else's cities, for free, due to them having your religion in their cities ... it's fantastic And the good relations ... not to mention the shrines ...

* There are a few good city spots. One, the first we should probably settle, is 1 south of the stone. That will in time make a GREAT production city for wonders and whatnot. The other is on the coast, near the sheep. In Civ4, more so than in civ3, settling ON the coast is vital, instead of 1-off of the coast. 1-off of the coast is a horrible city, whereas on the coast is a great city ...

My suggested builds here are probably finish the work boat, and then build a worker, so it's ready when we research a tech for it. After that, probably a settler. Don't forget, food counts towards production for workers and settlers...

BTW, you have to Zip or RAR your save, because it doesn't end in .sav ... not sure why, but it ends in .Civ4Save or something weird like that
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                I am ready..

Who has the turn next??..

Just saying played like 8 hours last night and up and gonna get some more in now

Gramps
                Go for it - there's no set turn order.

Play 15 turns, for the first 5 people or so, until we have a decent game going, then cut back to 10 turns.

GT - I expect some good stories from those SP games you're playing

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Go for it - there's no set turn order.

Play 15 turns, for the first 5 people or so, until we have a decent game going, then cut back to 10 turns.

GT - I expect some good stories from those SP games you're playing
                  ok

since new at this

Ill followmyour orders of build and post some screenies of our world and interaction

15 turns..see you in a wee bit

as for stories

I will try to amuse all with stories galore

Comment

Real quickly:

When you save the d/l from here it is in .rar file extension

Then you go to load the save it looks like this in your folder:

Nothing
                    Attached Files

Comment

You actually have to rename the save file extension to this:

.Civ4SavedGame

then the save will look like this instead of that file that has no association with it

Dont forget the"." before the wording
                      Attached Files

Comment

Then your load screen will look like this:

Ok

Off to play

Gramps
                        Attached Files

Comment

Error loading message

I tried loading my save and got this???
                          Attached Files

Comment

GT, .rar is a kind of zip file You have to unrar it first ...

It had to be rarred (zipped) because Apolyton won't accept .Civ4SavedGame as a file extension

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              GT, .rar is a kind of zip file You have to unrar it first ...

It had to be rarred (zipped) because Apolyton won't accept .Civ4SavedGame as a file extension
                              ok..so you dont have to go through all them steps I just stated?

BTW..thanks its working fine..playing now

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this

Comment

Working...
                                X