Urtansia .... utopia or underworld??

1. Beta - Suleiman - Ottomans
    2. Wittlich - Suryavarum - Khmer
    3. Nugog - Tokugawa, Japan
    4. Evalds - Charlemagne - Holy Roman Empire
    5. Giwi - Kublai Khan - Mongols
    6. mabeco - Qin Shi Huang - China
    Attached Files
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Can we choose leaders this time please?
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

The players ...

1. EvaldsUrtans
      2. Nugog
      3. Beta
      4. Wittlich
      5. Giwi
      6. mabeco - Wang Kon of Korea

The play order - assuming that Evalds, Giwi and Mabeco's national flags are indicative of where they live. Mine isn't. I'm in Canada.

For an east to west play order - and assuming that everyone's play time is roughly the same - the order would be ...

1. Beta - Canada - east
      2. Wittlich - U.S. - west
      3. Nugog - down under somewhere
      4. Evalds - Latvia
      5. Giwi - Sweden
      6.mabeco - Portugal

Is this Ok with folks?

Also - I am suggesting a pangaea map. I am tired of inland sea and island stuff. But that is just me. If others feel differently - let me know. I would resist continents as it will prbably put 3 on one, 2 on anaother, and one on an island - which will suck for the poor civ by itself.

Standard map size and speed. Regular barbs.

For civs..

Option 1. A theme - say classical civs - or European civs only - or something along those lines.

Option 2. Random civs

Option 3. Chosen civs.

And for the new folks, in a pbem game there is an expectation of timely play. Real life does come up - and sometimes the timing of the receipt of the save (say an hour after you have gone to bed) just doesn't work - but by and large you are expected to play the save as soon as you are possible. Unless you post otherwise, 24 hours should be the absolute maximum time limit. If you cannot adhere to this schedule (from experience I know Nugog and Witt can ), please let us know now.

Hmmm ... I can't think of anything else. Nugog? Witt? Am I missing anything?

Oh yes - no reloads. In pbem games there is the potential for abuse - you stage an attack - you don't like the results - so you reload the save and play it differently. That would be a big NO NO, if it wasn't already obvious. We need to trust each other to make the game fun.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
        Can we choose leaders this time please?
        That would be my preferred option as well.

You Ok with pangaea?

Comment

Hi guys,
          Civs: I prefer to choose, but a theme is also interesting. Random not so much but I'm OK with it also.
          If we choose, Wang Kon of the Korean is my preferred.
          Map: I prefer pangaea but I'm ok other other alternatives.
          Correct me if I'm wrong: BtS 3.13
          Have a great one today!

Comment

I'd like Pangea and chosen leaders. AI's?

Comment

Originally posted by mabeco
              Correct me if I'm wrong: BtS 3.13
              Yep! 3.13

Looks like chosen leaders. mab has picked Wang Kon, and with only six of us and a ton of leaders to choose from, this should not be an issue. Make your picks - first come first served.

And a pangaea map it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Giwi
                I'd like Pangea and chosen leaders. AI's?
                No AI's. Too unbalancing. The idea is that if you are lucky enough to be situated beside AI civilizations, you can push them around more than a human-controlled civ, and thus gain a decisive early advantage. If there was someway of ensuring a balanced set-up ... as in ...

human player - AI - Human player - AI

...that sort of thing, it MIGHT be ok. But I don't know of anyway of doing that short of having a map maker set the game up - and that is a lot of bother. Let's do 6 human civs on a standard size panagaea map - and let the chips land where they may. The game usually produces pretty balanaced starts - IMO.

Comment

Just stopping in to mark my sport in the thread.

Concerning map/civ settings, I'm easy with whatever the majority decides.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

And your choice of leaders, Witt?

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                      3. Nugog - down under somewhere
                      New Zealand - South Island.

Greatest and most blessed country in the world.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Hmmm ... I can't think of anything else. Nugog? Witt? Am I missing anything?
                        The only other thing is to ensure that you post in this tracker once you have sent the save onwards - helps us all keep a track of what is going on.

Comment

But I don't know of anyway of doing that short of having a map maker set the game up - and that is a lot of bother.
                          I could set the map up if you want................

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                            New Zealand - South Island.

Greatest and most blessed country in the world.

²
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Seeing as we already have Korea - shall we go for a Aseatic theme?

If so I will go for Tokugawa.

Comment

Working...
                              X