Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. I hope we can be a game together again when you get your computer fixed up.
    Does anyone know how to edit players in a PBEM?
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

AFAIK you will need Metaliturtle's turn. You should be able to open it with the admin password and select Alt-Q to quit. That will hand his civ over to an AI.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I didn't set an administrator's password. I'm in trouble, aren't I?

Comment

my pass is Game on!
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Turn sent to CerberusIV

Comment

Couldn't open the file. Please resend as an ordinary .sav file.

Comment

Sorted - the file didn't have an extension that the game recognised. So I just had to add it. I hope it isn't going to continue to do that.

To Rob.

Comment

Sent to Masuro
                    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I don't know why it wouldn't have the sav at the end of the file name. No other game save has problems. Anyway, I've sent it. Let me know if it's missing its tail again.

Comment

This is getting annoying. When I open the email the attachment shows the filename as being the game name, year and to CerberusIV with a .Civ4SavedGame extension (although it does start with file *0 which turns from other PBEM's don't). When I download the attachment I get a file name like CACDKLGN with no extension. If I add the extension I can then play the turn. Needless to say this isn't happening in any of my other PBEM's. Apart from the nuisance of having to manually add the extension it is difficult to tell which is the right file in the folder if I don't delete each one immediately it is played.

Is this something to do with Gmail? Or Korean computers?

Anyway, turn played and sent to Rob.

Comment

This isn't happening in any of my other games, either. Could our game be bugged somehow? I will start a new test game and send the file to you. Tell me if it has the same problem.

Comment

Sent to Masuro

No problems here!!
                            Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                            The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                            Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                            Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Sent by Gmail and Hotmail

Comment

No problem this time. Played and sent to Rob.

Comment

Working...
                                X