No announcement yet.

Galloping Grasshopers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if I agree with that quote. Sure knowledge is good, but not if it ultimately leads to your destruction, surely.

--> onwards

Comment

now where be NicodaMax? are you there mate?

Comment

Major oops!
        I played the turn (3400 BC) but apparently never sent it. Where was my head at the time? Really sorry. And I was wondering why you where taking so long...

Turn sent to Makahlua

"The palest ink is better than the best memory." - Chinese Proverb
        "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
        Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
        Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
        Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

I was going to poke, but figured maybe you got caught up in Real Life(tm)

Turn over to Andydog

And a PS about my quote: Think of all the evil things we can do with something as simple as fire. Yet without fire, where would we be? Then apply that to more complex things like vaccines, or our knowledge of chemistry - both can be used for good, positive purposes or darkly evil ones. Knowledge is a double-edged sword - it's up to the wielder to know when and when not to use it ... (at least that's what that quote makes -me- think )
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

yes i agree knowledge is a double edged sword. i took from the quote that even though we will loose control of knowledge such that it will ultimately destroy us, it still isn't a bad thing. i'm not sure i agree with that.

-->

Comment

"Ignorance is bliss." - Cypher
              --> Makahlua
              Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Well we better get wised up then, eh? ^^

---->Andydog
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

--> NicodaMax

Comment

"Law is mind without reason." - Aristotle

--> Makahlua
                    Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

-> Andydog

Comment

--> onwards.

Any plans for Easter folks? I'm off to a Castle on Saturday for a rave. Rock on!

Comment

Spend time with my kids
                          On to Makahlua
                          Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

very nice.

The new patch is out. Shall we all patch? I'm keen to.

Comment

I've got the patch installed, so it'd be nice to be able to get rid of 1.52. Please do.
                              Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Just a thought for the weekend

"Do you think that when christ is lying there and they're nailing the nails in he's saying, "Oh man, does that hurt!"?
                                He's probably looking at the guy who's doing it with absolute compassion
                                He digs why the cat's doing it.
                                What he's stuck in
                                How much dust covers his eyes
                                Why he's got to be doing it
                                That's the way it is
                                He said the night before:
                                "Well, tomorrow is the big trip. Yeah-right-these are the nails
                                Wow! Look at that!"
                                Am I he who is being pained?
                                No! That's the thing. Once you know that then:
                                pleasure & pain, loss & gain, fame & shame, are all the same
                                They're all just happening" - Baba Ram Dass (aka Richard Alpert)

ps. This isn't religously motivated, and neither am I...
                                Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Working...
                                X