Flamefest III - The Final Insult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
    If you choose Random Civs and the box to pick the variable traits..unlimited leaders?????

Anyhoo, if that happens, could you end up with say Bismark but maybe Vickies traits?

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
    Yes

Erm, no. You have the traits this leader always had, but you wind up most likely with another civ, thus having another UU and UB to go with your traits.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Of course...I got confused...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Must be a Sage thing.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Indeed, we follow the teaching of Kon-fused-tze

Comment

I say we stop the admission now. 9 players are enough on a standard map.

This game will launch on the 22:nd

The settings:

Standard Pangea map
            Low sea level
            Random civs/leaders
            Monarch level
            No tech brokering
            Normal barbs
            Free Religion
            Random climate
            Natural shoreline
            Cylindrical worldwrap

Comment

For the settings, what about Climate, Shoreline, and Worldwrap?
              I suggest Random, Natural, and Cylindrical there (granted that Cylindrical is more or less the standard setting).

Options: I take it you mean both random leaders and civs?

Multiplayer options: Do we allow the takeover of AI civs? For instance, civs that have been abandonned by their owner for whatever reason? Or new civs created by the Colony choice? Granted that this last one probably can't happen on a Pangea map.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                Traits such as...?
                Missed this one.
                Well, IIRC in Flamefest I the Financial trait was off-limits. And at the start of the game someone's wife (Snoopy's?) choose our civs from a hat.

Don't care either way, just wanted to point it out in case alot of participants hate to see certain traits involved.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder View Post
                  For the settings, what about Climate, Shoreline, and Worldwrap?
                  I suggest Random, Natural, and Cylindrical there (granted that Cylindrical is more or less the standard setting).
                  I'm more in favour of Temperate climate, no friend of either deserts or jungles... But what the hell, might shake things up a bit...

Options: I take it you mean both random leaders and civs?
                  I meant random civs, but we can go with random leaders as well

Multiplayer options: Do we allow the takeover of AI civs? For instance, civs that have been abandonned by their owner for whatever reason? Or new civs created by the Colony choice? Granted that this last one probably can't happen on a Pangea map.
                  I say we wipe the abandoned civ from the map and treat the whole area as Forbidden Land (maybe with a time limit, say 50 turns...).

Comment

Missed this one.
                    Well, IIRC in Flamefest I the Financial trait was off-limits. And at the start of the game someone's wife (Snoopy's?) choose our civs from a hat.

Don't care either way, just wanted to point it out in case alot of participants hate to see certain traits involved.
                    Sounds like a good idea

Comment

Question for both games...

Do we have a solid rule about double moves?

This is always an issue in the pitboss format, and recently caused a big stir in the Beyond the Pit game due to ambiguity of the rule we had.

Comment

From the BtS Demo game:

The Double Move Rule : 48 hour turns

1. No double moves during a time of war, except as noted below.

During times of war all concerned Civ's should allow for 1/2 the turn timer (24 hours) to pass between moves if the other Civs involved in the war have not moved since a concerned Civ has moved.

In other words: You cannot make moves during periods of war until either one of two things have occured:

i. All other concerned Civs in a war (being at war in game) have made moves/completed one turn since you have made your moves/completed a turn.

ii. 1/2 the turn timer (24 hours) has past since you made your moves/completed your turn.

The reason "made your moves/completed your turn" is worded that way is that a team can log in make some moves, log out, log back in and make more moves. Once a team makes ANY moves the requirement that says a team must make a move/complete a turn is fullfilled.

2. No moving of units after you have pressed 'End Turn'

3. No double moves of a Settler, at any time, if an opponents Settler is in the same vicinity as yours, and visible, except as in point 1.ii. above.

4. No double moves of a unit, at any time, if a goody hut is nearby, and an opponents unit is in the same vicinity, and visible, except as in point 1.ii. above.

5. Double moves should be allowed at all other times in order to help speed game play.

6. Play fair, be a gentleperson. We are all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Let's do just that and not screw our fellow gamers over by bending the rules to give ourselves an unfair advantage.

Comment

Which reminds me. What turn timer do we want? Unless we're very busy IRL I say we go for either 36 or 48 hours...

Comment

I'd say 36 hours. that comes down to close to 2 days in reality, which gives plenty of playtime for both participants in case of war.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd vote for 24 hours. I like the game to play at a fast pace.

About the double turn rules: from what I have seen in other pitboss, the players involve in the war agree on a turn order when war is declared. In case of violation a reload may even be mandatory and after 3 violation the player is booted out of the game.

Comment

I'd say 36 hours. that comes down to close to 2 days in reality, which gives plenty of playtime for both participants in case of war.
                                Yes..36 is good here

If we can, please speed up

But sometimes things happen where you cannot get to it
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X