Clear All

• Dnss

Setup thread to discuss options etc.

Players:

Dreylin - USA
    Nugog - PNG
    Skyrider68 - USA
    Strudo - Australia

OK - I would recommend a play order of Nugog -> Strudo -> Skyrider68 -> Dreylin -> Zorzak
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Skyrider68 and Dreylin - can you please post your geographic locations so we can sort out play order?

I find it is better if the save travels in one direction.....
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Skyrider68 - California, USA :: UTC -8

Comment

Game setup

I have no preference on leader, be it assigned or random.
        I will defer to the more experienced players with regard to other rule settings.

Are we looking to add some AI opponents to the mix, or all human players?

Comment

I'm with Skyrider, as I have too little experience to have preferences for settings, etc. I'm fine with random leaders as well.

I'm in Houston, USA - UTC-6

(Though I'm really a Brit)

Comment

So - some key decisions:

* Do we have AI or not?
            * What size map do we want?
            * What speed do we want to play on?
            * What map script do we want to use?

Map size and AI are sort of related - as if we have a large map and no AI there will be a long early period with little or no contact - meaning some pretty boring first turns.

Comment

My recommendations would be:

Standard size map, I like the Big & Small map, throw in 4 AI, play Normal speed.

I prefer playing with no tech brokering turned on - but if no one else wants this - it is no biggie.

We can easily do random leaders if thats what every one wants.

Comment

I am also a fan of Big & Small, so no argument there!

Standard + 4AI sounds good.

No tech brokering is fine as well.

I prefer random leaders as I never know who to pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreylin View Post
                  I am also a fan of Big & Small, so no argument there!
                  I prefer random leaders as I never know who to pick!
                  Oh - I have some definate favourites

However if Strudo is also happy with random leaders - I am happy to go with that.

Comment

Hello if this is PBEM game i would like to join if i can and of course if it is free space for another player.
                    I am from Poland, GMT+1, email: grzybczyk(dot)kamil(at)gmail(dot)com

My favorites settings:

Style: Free for all
                    Dificulty: Monarch
                    Size: Standard (4-6 players), can be Large map too (7-10 players) - (of course without AI)
                    Map: Fractal, Continents
                    Era: Ancient (can be with "advanced start")
                    Speed: Normal
                    World Wrap: Toroidal
                    No technology trading/brokering: YES (that all good know: without trading)
                    Victories: Conquest, Domination, Space Race
                    Barbarians: Yes (but no raging)
                    Leaders: It's dependent of final settings, but if everyone agree on random i can play random too
                    Huts: On
                    Events: On
                    vasal state: Off
                    10 turns of peace in the beginning: On

Of course as i said these are my favorites settings and i can talk about change it to make best options to all of us.

I saw there are three different things beetwen us. AI, Technology and map type:
                    1). I want to talk about that but i have to say that i can play with AI (but i do not like )
                    2). I can play "no tech trading: yes" , "no tech. brokering: no" it means only tech trading what we are own develop
                    3). i agreed on map type: "small and big"

Comment

I'm easy on settings and leaders. Random is fine with me. Not fussed on No tech brokering, but never played with it off before, so I don't know how it affects the game other than the direct effect.

EDIT: I mean I haven't played with Tech brokering off, as in I usually leave that setting to off to allow tech brokering. Am I making any sense? I really need some sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog View Post
                        OK - I would recommend a play order of Nugod -> Strudo -> Skyrider68 -> Dreylin
                        Is that a hint of how things are going to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog View Post
                          My recommendations would be:

Standard size map, I like the Big & Small map, throw in 4 AI, play Normal speed.

I prefer playing with no tech brokering turned on - but if no one else wants this - it is no biggie.

We can easily do random leaders if thats what every one wants.
                          That is all acceptable to me. Everyone?

Comment

I think that's a quorum.

Hopefully we can get a few turns in this weekend to get us on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Strudo View Post
                              Is that a hint of how things are going to go?
                              oops

And from my performance in our "smallgame" - I think not..........

Comment

Working...
                              X