My second Pitboss game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second Pitboss game!

I posted this earlier on CivFanatics, but since I got a good player in the game I'm currently running, I thought I might be able to get some good players again.

I've decided to start a second Pitboss game, this one with a map/size as chosen by the players. Same basic rules as the first one; ie no war in first 10 turns, no double turning in wartime and a 24 hour turn.

What map we use is up to the players, as well as the size we ultimately go with. If there's people out there that either haven't tried a Pitboss game and are interested in giving it a shot, or if you're a veteran Pitboss'er and want to try out another game, be happy to have you!

Here!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I wouldn't mind picking up another PtBs game...so I'll join as well if there is room.

Comment

Perhaps this one will get started...
        I might join as long as the map is no bigger then Standard Size, and GameSpy isn't the pitboss platform.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd like to be in if you have a spot...

Comment

Geomodder:

Unfortunately, this one is gonna turn out to be much bigger than my current one. Right now 17 players have already expressed interest..

Comment

The game has been set up. Please log in and take your civ. THIS IS A WARLORDS GAME.

Game Name: Brave New World
              IP: 24.154.139.119
              Password: PM'ed to: Kirkenix, Wittlich and Beta
              Number of players: 16

Map: Fractal
              Era: Ancient
              Map Size: Huge

CivStats Site for the game: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=361
              Please register on Civstats when you take your civ.

Game Rules(same as my current game) -- taken directly from theoob's fantastic Pitboss rules:

1. Missing Turns -- Anyone who misses 3 consecutive turns (which would entail not taking a turn for at least 72 hours) without notifying me that they are going to be away will be replaced by an AI player immediately and then replaced by a human player as soon as is convenient. Once you have been replaced by a human you will not be able to take your game back.

To notify me of planned absences, you should either send me a PM or an email, and you should also rename yourself in the game to 'on holiday' or something like that, in case I miss your email (it's happened in the past). Note that I must have heard from you in some way, it won't be enough to say that you tried, if you rename yourself in the game there's no plausible way I can miss it.

2. Consecutive Turns -- It is possible to take a 'double turn' in the game by being the last to finish for one turn and then the first to finish the one after that. This has a positive effect because it speeds the game up, but the downside is that it can be exploited for military advantage by moving twice before your opponent has a chance to react.

So to keep the upside of double turns while eliminating (or at least minimizing) the downside, the rule is that if you are at war with another player (or are about to go to war with them, eg. sneak attacks) then you mustn't take two turns before they've had a chance to take one, or in other words you cannot go after them in one turn and before them in the next.

You can use the civstats log page for the game, or the RSS feeds from the same page, to tell if the other player has taken their turn (ask me about this if you don't know what I'm talking about).

A player must give his opponant as much time as needed to avoid a double move against him, playing first in the turn only when failure to do so would result in the turn being missed. In the case of sneak attacks or the outbreak of war he should alert his opponant via PM or email.

3. AI's -- When a human player drops out and I'm looking for a replacement, I have the AI take over temporarily. While the AI is in charge, you may not make any deals with it other than cease fire arrangements (which may or may not include reparations). This is because the AI may agree to silly deals which the human replacement would have to maintain for the minimum of 10 turns before they can cancel it.

4. No War in First 10 Turns -- To be more specific: no declarations of war are allowed in the first 10 turns of the game. On normal speed + ancient start this is 4000BC to 3640BC, otherwise you just know some poor (perhaps inexperienced) sap is going to be gone before they have a chance to do anything. You may however make preparations for a rush in this time, as long as it doesn't necessitate a declaration of war in the first 10 turns.

Comment

Thanks. I claimed the Koreans.

Comment

Damn, just missed this one.

<---- Pittboss Junkie

Comment

Okay, out I am. Good luck.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geomodder:

I would have sent you a PM, but you said you couldn't play on Huge Maps.

Wanted to let you know why you didn't get a PM.

Comment

Got the p/w and went ahead and selected the Romans.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Thanks WVUFan!!

Russians!!

And btw, I show up as ToxoXI in pitboss games. Much fiercer name.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

And a very good, and succint, set of rules governing pitboss play.

Comment

Originally posted by WVUFan
                              Geomodder:

I would have sent you a PM, but you said you couldn't play on Huge Maps.

Wanted to let you know why you didn't get a PM.
                              Oh, I didn't expect to get a PM, don't worry about it.
                              Thanks for the consideration tho.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X