No announcement yet.

New team game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps we better do go for another volunteer server?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Aro was up for it. And I will need to track down a new partner.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• ok I am here boy you all are demanding new computer is in the shop not up and running unfortuantly. Aero if you want to host that is fine. Will be here for turns. Have my old one up and running and unless civ is a dvd I can play (have a cd drive in my old computer). New one should hopefully be ready "soon"
        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

• If you have an old comp and a new one you may want to consider running pittboss on the old one. That way, you don't have to leave your new computer on all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dacole
            ok I am here boy you all are demanding
            demanding????

You haven't seen anything yet.

Glad you are still around!

Aro - you Ok to host both this and the demo game?? If so, let's crank it up.

I am away for a couple days, and snoop is out until the 8th - so if you wnat to wait 'till later this week, that may make sense. Or if your comp is ready to go then dacole - we can host it on yours.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• problem is I only have one moniter and keyboard I leave it running most of the time anyway though...am I hosting the demo game..? I don't remember every saying I was up even for playing in that one much less hosting it....I can wait and host this one if you like however if Aro has experience in hosting has a static IP (I do not) and can host it earlier it may be a better choice to go with him. I have NO idea when my new computer will be ready took it to a repair shop today.

Comment

• No dacole, you're not hosting a game without knowing it! It's Aro who is hosting the demo game. And probably also this one if he agrees, since you don't have your computer anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                  I am away for a couple days, and snoop is out until the 8th - so if you wnat to wait 'till later this week, that may make sense. Or if your comp is ready to go then dacole - we can host it on yours.
                  Sn00py gave me permission to start his civ up, so we don't have to wait on him.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• *shoo* would have been bad to supposed to be hosting one without knowing it. Heh I could start hosting this one and then move it over to my new computer if/when it gets fixed I would rather not however...if you need me to though I will as I said I would host before. The IP issue though I can't find a good work around for yet.

Comment

I would love to join and if someone can tell me how to host I can do it. Never hosted before though.
                      Earth to dacole. Earth to dacole. Come in please. Sorry, couldn't resist.

We will go with Aro when he returns.

Comment

I don't remember every saying I was up even for playing in that one much less hosting it....
                        See above. That is what had us counting on you.

Comment

• I am here I no I said I would host this one. I am however most likely not going to be able to as I am still on my old rickety computer. Hopefully by monday I will have my new one. As well I have no experience at this and no static IP. However if Aro can't doesn't want to host I will TRY to find a way to do it.

Comment

• Monday is tomorrow. No experience necessary. As to the IP issue, I think snoop has a solution. He is hosting a pitboss game with an address - not an IP. Snoop - can you help here?

And no word from Aro in awhile. In fact - I know he is timing out in other pitboss games. Aro - you around???

Comment

• DynDNS account login and overview. Proceed to My Services page to get detailed look.

They have a service that you run on your computer that constantly (well, every 5-10 minutes) updates your IP address to a fixed DNS entry - say, dacole.dyndns.org ... it's totally free, too, as long as you use certain domains (it's a big list).
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                                And no word from Aro in awhile. In fact - I know he is timing out in other pitboss games. Aro - you around???
                                He was off for the weekend. Should pop up again later today...
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X