Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbem

Hi all,

I am new to the forums but I am not new to the Civ series. I have played since the original in 91' however I have never taken part in a multiplayer game.

As you can see I am interested in starting a multiplayer game. Not sure how to do that so I am hoping someone can help me.

I would like a serious commitment of 1 turn a day, with at least 4 players. I would like to play on a large totally random map on a Monarch difficulty. I would also like to play at an epic pace since I enjoy the methodical strategic type game.

Please let me know if you are interested and we'll see if we can set something up.

Thanks,
    Hurlyman

Hi hurlyman! Good to meet you.

I would enjoy such a game. I can also commit to the one turn a day pace.

We need two more.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Hi Hurlyman - and you too Beta.

I take it this will be a Warlords PBEM? If so, sure - I will be a third in this endevour.

FYI: My addy is: wittlich (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

Comment

Witt... who is stalking whom??!!
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Wow I totally fogot I posted this! I am still more than up for the game however I do not have the Warlords expansion yet.

Before I went out and got the expansion I wanted to see if I would play the game enough. Would you guys be interested in playing this game vanilla or should I bite the bullet and buy warlords?

In any case we need one more player dont we?

Comment

Hi you three!

If you're still looking for somebody, stop searching! I would like to join the game as the fourth player. I'd rather play with Warlords, but vanilla would be ok too. I can play 1 turn per day, but I live in GMT+1 till the end of the year (then I'll move to GMT-7).

François / Ephack

Comment

Welcome Ephack! No problems with the time zone. We can work that into the play order.

Hurly, I would prefer to play warlords as well, but we can wait until you get the game. Vanilla would work too, but I am leaning towards warlords.

Comment

Ok warlords it is... I will head out and purchase it tonight or tomorrow. I'll post on here when it is purchased and installed.

Comment

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

You the man, Hurly! Thanks!

Comment

Just an update. I will be buying Warlords tonight on my way home from the office. We should be able to start either tonight or tomorrow depending when I get out of work.

Comment

Okay I have Warlords installed on the ol computer. Since this is my first multiplayer Civ experience would somebody else be willing to take the lead as far as host the game? Let me know what everyone thinks.

Comment

So I gather we want to play a pbem as opposed to a pitboss game.

In a pbem game, each of us plays and passes the save to the next player. We need a good play order and some discipline to get one turn in 24 hours - but given out geographic spread - it should be OK.

In a pitboss game - the game is set up and we each have a set time - say 24 hours - to log in and play our turn. If we all play before the 24 hours is up, the turn is over and the clock resets itself.

I think you were talking a pbem game. I have not set up a civ4 game (did tons of civ3), but am willing to give it a try.

Comment

Hmmm I suppose I could do either. I am not adverse to trying something new... I do have some experience with pbem from other games.

I vote for pbem... if everybody else wants to do pitboss I can be flexible. I am on central time and can play my turn any time really.

Comment

pbem may be best, Pitboss games still seem to have connection and 'teething' issues. And our spacing around the globe should make for a decent play order. From east to west - Ephak, Hurly, Beta, Witt - so if I set the game up - Beta, Witt, Ephak, Hurly. Does that seem reasonable to folks?

Comment

Working...
                              X