• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PBEM - "October Story"

Hi everybody,

who wants to join a Warlords-PBEM? Here are the parameters:

-- 4 human and 4 CPU factions
    -- nobleman or prince level
    -- map size: big (or whatever it's called in English, I mean one step above "normal")
    -- map type: fractal, torus
    -- victory conditions: NO space race, all other v.c. active
    -- quick game speed

Please don't apply if ...
    -- ... you can't play on weekends or only on weekends (I intend to play VERY regularly, at least five turns a week).
    -- ... you don't have your own computer or your machine is crash happy which will constantly delay the game.
    -- ... you already have one zillion billion PBEMs running and are too unorganized to keep them all up to date.
    -- ... you immediately lose interest in a game the first time you lose a battle or are a bit behind in the Civ score.

If those points are no problem for you, then you're most welcome!

++++++

If you want to join the game, please post your faction wishes here or send an email to

Claus *d*ot* Fritzenkoetter *a*t* t-online *d*ot* de

++++++

player and faction list:

P1: Claus (Gandhi / India), noble level
    P2: rumpo kid (Hannibal / Catharge), noble level
    P3: Harovan (Wang Kon / Corea), noble level
    P4: SebP (Huayna Capac / Inca), noble level

Go on then, I'm in.

I'd like to choose (if I may) Carthaginians - noble level.

Find me at steve tod rumney ta ukonline tod co tod uk

Steve
    I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

I'd join too. harovan ät web döt de. In-game name Harovan. Korea for me please. Level doesn't matter. Do you really want a toroidal world? Not that I mind, it's just unusual.

Comment

Fine, so there's just one more player missing. Maybe we'll be able to start tonight.

I'm gonna set all factions to nobleman level.

Regarding the planet type I think a torus is strategically more interesting than a cylinder. However, following my experience it doesn't really make a big difference. It's more or less just for fun.

Comment

Still waiting on number 4? There must be someone out there who wants to play.
          I do not live in London, I live in South London. South London is different, a warm melting pot where everyone can become a bona fide South Londoner by virtue of two things. One: living in South London, and two: having no aspiration to live in the Cotswolds.

Mark Thomas

Comment

Well, strange ... maybe everybody is busy this week, so I suggest we wait for the weekend. If Number 4 is still missing then, we can always start with three players.

Comment

I'll play. As the incans

das d.öt letzte dö.t theorem ä.t gmx döt de
              I've never played on a ringworld but it sounds interesting

One little thing: Can we do restart in case a player gets an arctic start? I'm not in the mood for dealing with that

Seeing how we're all in europe (correct me if i'm wrong) turn order probably doesn't matter much

Comment

Cool, so we're complete.

I agree about your arctic issue, I wouldn't have a problem with a restart in that case. However, this should count only for a really icy starting position, not for tundra (one can deal with that, I think).

Indeed the turn order is not that important, however I should know when you prefer to play your turns: in the morning, during work or late at night? I personally prefer playing immediately after getting up in the morning (6 am).

Does everybody agree if I set all levels to "nobleman"?

btw for all those who have never played on a torus world:
                In case you don't know, if you want to be the first to circumnavigate the world you have to do so in North-South- AND in East-West-direction. But better leave that to me.

Comment

i prefer playing at around 8am (GMT+1) and expect that to not change for a couple months at least - though i can play at any time between 8am and midnight

oh and i don't care about the level, so noble it is

Comment

I play when I get home from work, that is somewhere 6-7pm (GMT+1). On most days, I can chime in a turn in the morning (~8am) too.

Comment

I'll be able to play at roughly 6 in the evening (GMT/British Summer Time).

Circumnavigation is MINE and I don't care how may directions I have to travel to get it.

Steve

Mark Thomas

Comment

Okay guys, the game has started.

I've decided not to take Gandhi but Ramses instead.
                        And I allowed myself to include one more AI faction, as we're playing on a moderate difficulty level. So it's four humans against five CPU civs.

The turn order is the following:

1. Claus (Ramses)
                        2. CPU
                        3. SebP (Huayna Capac)
                        4. CPU
                        5. Harovan (Wang Kon)
                        6. CPU
                        7. Rumpo Kid (Hannibal)
                        8. CPU
                        9. CPU

Please check all the settings, and don't forget to insert your smpt server.

So good luck everyone, and may the best Egyptian win.

Comment

Further notice:

We should keep track of our PBEM, so I've opened a turn tracker: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=158113

Comment

Working...
                          X