• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then lets get started.

You set it up and send it on ...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Just so you know I'm still here I'll post something. To reconfirm details, random civ is fine with me, and I'm GMT+9.5

Other game settings I'm not really too fussed about either. I tend to just play each game as it comes. Not really keen on the teams thing though. But I suppose we could all band together to take down Sir Ralph before his vacation starts... problem solved

EDIT: Yeah got your PM Aro, sorry for being AWOL the last day or two. Partners birthday and we went away for the night. She doesn't really "do" civ so I have to snatch whatever times I can sometimes.

Comment

tis all good stuff

Comment

So the order should be something alike...

RobWorHam (gmt+12)
          FeMme (gmt+12)
          Rasputin (gmt+10)
          strudo (gmt+9.5)
          Sir Ralph (gmt+1)
          phbreng (gmt-3)
          Aro (gmt-3)
          Smellycowsquid (gmt-5)

... or a cyclic variant of it. Of course people with equal or close time zones are free to switch, too.

Who's setting up the game? And what map conditions will we take? Large or standard (I'd be fine with both)? Pangea? Or continents/fractal?

Comment

Thanks, Sir Ralph.
            Large would be fine. Custom continents, maybe? And everything else regular. But I'm fine with Pangea or Continents...
            I just don't like archipelago too much.

Originally posted by Strudo
            But I suppose we could all band together to take down Sir Ralph before his vacation starts... problem solved
            Nice idea!

EDIT: Yeah got your PM Aro, sorry for being AWOL the last day or two. Partners birthday and we went away for the night. She doesn't really "do" civ so I have to snatch whatever times I can sometimes.
            My girlfriend (who soon will be Mrs. Aro ) doesn't "do" civ either. But she bought my second copy of Warlords (I have two copies of each Civilization game or expansion pack... Yeah, I know... ) in Los Angeles.
            She's flying to Dallas right now, and tonight to Rio - And my Civ time will be significantly reduced.
            Btw, as she told me, the airports are a mess today in USA... This stupid terrorist thing again.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Never played multiplayer with people I don't know before so I'm happy to let you guys pick the settings. Usually for mu single player games, I just set everything to random and go go go.

Sorry if this post is missing any letter 'P' or any other letters. I'm using the lounge PC at the moment, and it had a nasty experience with a glass of coke. Contrary to what you might read on the net, my keyboard has no disolved, just some sticky keys that require more thumping than pressing, esecially the 'p' key

Comment

"Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

i may be trying to setup the game tomorrow, (if i get enough time...)

if anyone want to setup the game sooner than that, be my guest... no problem with me about that...

Comment

yeah finally we are going

Comment

Hey Rasputin, since your in Aussie land too, you can feel free to SMS me when you have done your turn. If you want to, PM me and I'll give you my mobile number. Not really sure if it will make any difference to the number of turns we can get through, but it might help. Totally up to you since I check my emails several times as day anyway.

Comment

I've PM'd Sir Ralph for his email address since he'll be following me. Everyone make sure you know who your following and have their email address.

RobWorHam (gmt+12)
                        FeMme (gmt+12)
                        Rasputin (gmt+10)
                        strudo (gmt+9.5)
                        Sir Ralph (gmt+1)
                        phbreng (gmt-3)
                        Aro (gmt-3)
                        Smellycowsquid (gmt-5)
                        If I get Sir Ralphs email address before the game is set up, I'll start it. Never started a game before but I'm sure it can't be too hard. If anyone wants to drop out now is the time.

Game options will be all random where possible, standard map size as Smellcowsquid expressed concern that even that could be a problem near the end, and everything else default. Comments and criticism should be made quickly.

Comment

Go for it mate!!!
                          Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                          The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                          Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                          Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

As a side note RobWorham, I was reading your story for the single player diplomacy game (I think). Whatever it is from one of the links in your sig. Great reading, very creative.

Comment

Thank you Strudo, you should drop by more often. It is a great game and about to move into a very interesting era.

Might I suggest standing for a position in the Term V government?? Minister of Finance maybe, or Judge??
                              Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                              The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                              Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                              Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

I had a look at the FAQ and stuff, but I don't think I'd be interested in taking part in something like that. I will eep an eye on it to see how things pan out though.

Re our game, since we'll have no AI players, does it matter what level we set the human players? I've not set up a game before and I can't see that it makes much difference if there is no AI, but thought I'd better check. If it does make a difference, what do people want for the level?

Comment

Working...
                                X