[SG] Free for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SG] Free for all!

This is a succession game. That means, that several players take turns to play as the same nation.

This game is also free for all. That means anyone can pick up the save any time and play their turns. (With reasonable restrictions, of course, as outlined below.)

That's the gist of it. More specifically, here's what you do:
    1. You open this thread.
    2. You find the post with the latest save, and download it.
    3. You post a message here saying you are playing the turn (so that while you are doing so, somebody else doesn't get the same idea).
    4. You play 10 turns in the game.
    5. You post the turn log here (that is, what you did, and hopefully an explanation of why you did it). In addition to the post log, it would be great if you posted a screenshot with the globe view of the nation, and the contents of the F9 screen. This way, people can see what's going on without necessarily downloading the save.

Additional rules and suggestions:
    • You cannot play two turns in a row.
    • Please treat this as you would your own baby SG. So, don't get the save and do something stupid, like declare war on everybody in a clearly losing situation.
    • Use common sense and follow the general style of play set by previous players. For example, if you get a turn with a war going on, and the previous player was about to capture four enemy cities, don't just sign peace. Finish what has been started. While change of policy can be good for a nation, we don't want to tear it apart with conflicting decisions every ten turns.
    • Don't fall prey to the one-more-turn syndrome. 10 turns is all you get.
    • Noobs and settlers welcome. Don't lurk. Play! This is why this is a free-for-all.

I think this should provide a good learning experience for all.

The Game
    Difficulty: Noble
    Game Speed: Normal
    Map: Continents
    Size: Standard
    Climate: Temperate
    Sea Level: Medium
    Era: Ancient
    Civ: Random - Egyptians, Hatshepsut (Spiritual - No Anarchy, Creative - +2 culture per city)
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

I played the first 30 turns to kick us off. As things are starting to get interesting now, 10 turns per person should do fine.

(1) 4000BC - We are off to a pretty nice start here. There are clams and sheep and marble, all immediately available in the start location. The settler also starts out on the coast, and with access to fresh water. What more could we want? Thebes founded immediately.

We also start research on animal husbandry so we can make use of the sheep and see if there are any horses around to carry our war chariots.

(4) 3880BC - The borders of Thebes have expanded. This reveals a nice river to the north and a corn resource nearby.

(8) 3720BC - Our initial warrior pops a hut, and lo' the villagers teach us the secrets of Fishing! We also discover a hill with gold in it.

(9) 3680BC - A warrior is built in Thebes. We set him to defend, and start on another one. We also discover some grapes growing near by the golden hills. This is starting to look like a nice location for another city.

(12) 3560BC - Thebes grows in size to population 2. Since the food potential of our starting size is not too huge and the next growth would only occur in 12 turns, I change production to make a worker. This way, we can improve the land some (making use of the sheep) to produce more food.

(13) 3520BC - Animal Husbandry is researched. Research starts on Mining. We have some marble nearby, so it would come in useful to to able to utilize it, for which we need Masonry, which comes after Mining. This also reveals some horses just where our warriors are exploring, and another one just in the Thebes' city radius. Yes, nice starting location, indeed.

(14) 3480BC - Buddhism has been founded in a distant land.

(15) 3440BC - Our warriors pop another hut, and we gain 39 gold.

(16) 3400BC - The exploring warrior defeats a wolf and gains 1 experience.

(19) 3280BC - Mining is discovered. Work starts on Masonry.

(20) 3240BC - Our warriors defeat another pack of wolves, and are promoted with Woodsman I, so they can make even better use of the forests that seem to abound on our continent and maybe one day be able to move faster through the woods.

(24) 3080BC - A worker is built in Thebes and immediately sets to work on the sheep. In the mean time, we are training another warrior in Thebes.

(25) 3040BC - Another hut is examined and yields 45 gold.

(27) 2960BC - We discover Masonry, so we can now make use of our Marble. As soon as we get any wonders that need it and are worth producing, that is. This strikes me as a good time to research hunting. Another warrior is finished in Thebes. He goes off exploring, and while I am waiting for the city to grow further, I queue up Barracks. The idea is that once the city grows to size 3, we would switch to settler.

(28) 2920BC - Yet another pack of wolves is killed off by our exploring warrior. Hindusims is founded in a distant land.

Nothing exciting happens in the last two turns.

At the end of the thirty turns, it appears that we have a nice little piece of the continent. Hopefully, we will be able to find some neighbors.

And we are still doing alright compared to our rivals.

Now go and make Egypt the greatest nation on the planet.
    Attached Files
    Spore page

Comment

Well I figure this would be a good game to start my pbem/succession career off. Hope I do this right, better to start early and make mistakes than just sit around and wonder what could have been. I played my ten rnds twice, first time I played how I usually play and started to go for religions, but I figured that with the barracks and how most people I notice play I instead went for horses. Sorry for no screen shots still need to learn how to do that. Not much happened my 10 turns, but here is a run down of the important stuff:

(1) 2800 bc - Warrior defended and killed a lion then on its turn attacked another lion. Yipee promoted to Woodsman I, now we have two Woodsman Warriors.
      Sent worker to start on the horses

(2) 2760 bc - Met Tokyo Joe, discovered hunting, now making the long path to discover horse back riding

Turns 3-7 were just exploring with our woodsman

(8) 2520 bc - Found Tokugawa's land to the west, along the way found a coast line, plus corn and yet more wine.

My last turn
      (10) 2440 bc - Just spotted a wolf to our north with a woodsman. Our other woodsman followed Japan's boarder and either found an istmus to another land mass or a western coastline.

Whoever gets to play next rnd our barracks will be done.

I hope I saved the file right, I just put it in the file I downloaded. Hope this wasn't all for naught or nought (either way I hope I didn't waste my time)

Good luck and when can I have my next turn
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.

You don't have to upload the archive with all the saves though, just the latest on will do. The reason you have to zip it up is because the forums won't allow .civsavedgame attachments.
        Spore page

Comment

where is the turn now?

Ill have a go next if someone finishes with the save soon
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

grandpa go ahead and take it. I was the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by frankspapa
              grandpa go ahead and take it. I was the last one.
              10 turns

be back shortly

Comment

2400 B C

We complete Barracks in Thebes

Start Settler Training

Start building a Quarry southeast of Thebes

Renamed one Warrior unit Thumper

The other brave warrior we named Chosin Few

Comment

2360 B C-2300 B C

Work on exploration and building infrastructure

Comment

2280 B C-2240 B C-2200 B C

Thumper kills ravaging wolves

exploration and improving our land top the to do lists

Comment

2160 B C-2120 B C

Complete Quarry in Thebes and work on roadways

Comment

2080 B C-2040 B C

Thumper kills another band of Wolves.

We start a farm south of Thebes

Comment

2040 B C (Continued)

Demographics screen
                          Attached Files

Comment

2040 B C (Continued)

Top 5 Cities and yes we are right in the thick of things
                            Attached Files

Comment

2040 B C (Continued)

Our World Map
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X