Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    we had a great victory near tree huggers. we lost a cannon and a catapult, but killed 10 enemy rilemen. We let aztec take the city. i also used our spy there to steal horseback riding.. though probably useless this was the only tech rb had and we didn't.. and it's unlikely we can steal anything else.. but if there will be we have 1000 spy points on them still.
    Fantastic victory! Great work!
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Yes It was a very good victory. Well done Us and the Aztecs.
      What's are the plans now ? To finish of RB with Aztecs and CFC and divide the spoils.

To build Heroic Epic ? To work with CFC against the Maya. To try and build a closer alliance with Aztecs.?

Edit: Just had a look, we are building Heroic Epic, ready in 4 turns.

RB look shattered. and CFC coming in to attack Forbidden Fruit and Aztecs arriving to attack one of the last RB strongholds. Looks like we might take another RB city or two and maybe move into WPC land.

I see the Maya also are at war with RB.
      Last edited by Hercules; September 23, 2013, 21:06.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Yes, we should get wpc's land. so no nap extension with them. I can't find it right now, but I think we have nap till t200, right?

Comment

• Is that wise? We might get over extended and make ourselves look both greedy and weak. I would hate to see us become the next RB.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• WPC just stole a city from us, they declared war on rb and took one defenseless city which we would had taken next turn.. realms told me they had a long nap with wpc so i'm sure it was done with their permission.. I think this alone gives us casus belli against WPC, but no matter how much i wanted to attack them right now I think we need to wait till the nap ends at t200 and hope others will not be faster.

About being the next rb: We are already in no1 position, though our lead is not as strong as rb's was. cfc is willing to work with us after the egyptian war ends. I'm hesitant to ally with cfc longer than it's necessary for finishing egypt, but i can't deny that it might be our best chance to win the game.. I think we still could agree with cfc about destroying maya, starting the war at t210 when our nap ends. we have nap with aztec till t220, they either join us against maya or join them, but we would have a very powerful ally in cfc.. which we wil ahve to fight at one point for sure.. they are our main rival.

Comment

• I propose we try to make nap with cfc till t220. we already have nap with aztec to t220, so at least our easytern side would be protected. then when our naps end at t210 with maya and uciv we can concentrate on them, possibly continue to work with cfc against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                I propose we try to make nap with cfc till t220. we already have nap with aztec to t220, so at least our easytern side would be protected. then when our naps end at t210 with maya and uciv we can concentrate on them, possibly continue to work with cfc against them.
                I agree sounds like a plan.

Comment

• Rb wrote on the forum that they had technically given up.. now reallyi t's only matter of time to finish them. The war went much better that expected, Rb made several tactical error during the whole war. While I don't think they could had won the war but they could had stopped us if they play focused. Now we need to divide the spoils, which will nto be an easy round.
                  We argue that our cities are less worthy so we need more, aztec argues that they lost the most..etc.

Comment

• When it comes to it please advise Aztecs and CFC of the need to discuss the details with the Apolyton team.

Comment

• What's after Corporation? Steam power ? Democracy ? Our we planning to build Ironworks and Wall St.

Are jails the best way to deal with our war weariness?

Comment

• There are many options after corporation..

sci method-biology-(medicine)
                        this would give +1 food on farms and now our workers are mostly turning the plains into farms. after bio they will be 3 food 1 hammer tiles, quite good. Medicine would give us the sushi corporation: more food, money and culture, especially useful if we decide on cultural victory

sci method-communism
                        free great spy, Kreml wonder (very powerfull), int. agency building. The free great spy would allow us to steal many techs from someone, and that those techs are not stolen from us

steam power-assembly line
                        factories, drafting infantries, pentagon wonder

democracy
                        statue of liberty wonder, would be very usefull to us

--
                        jails are very good buildings, we should build as many as we can. The wall street will be built as soon as possible, but the ironworks I don't know.. we don't really have suitable city for that

Comment

• Just checked the Nap agreements and they are as you indicate. So as soon as RB is destroyed beyond recovery we could make peace and get several years to rebuild and get rid of war weariness.

re Techs Maybe Steam power first and then evaluate. But maybe we should grab a couple of World Wonders before anyone else gets close to us techwise.

I forgot to look but did any of the cities we captured have any world wonders still useful.

Comment

• I'm leaning toward getting biology first and use the peace time to build up big population. Rb wil lbe completely destroyed within 10 turns I believe. We got no wonders, just an academy in the former incan capital.

we had hours length arguments already about who gets what and we did not even start drawing in the borders.. I can't post picture now but we have 11 cities from egypt, already mad ea settler to rebuild a city for 12th. I orginially wanted more, but now counting everything it is not realistic so I think we should be happy with this 12 city or fight for them if they would not allow us to rebuild that 12th one.
                            While we drafted about 60 units so far from the 3 of us we hurt the least ourselves and while cfc joined later our losses are the smallest. Aztec lost about 40-50 units so far I believe while we lost about 15. So if we take this into consideration too then i guess we should be happy with 12 cities. I have a feeling though that they will want us to have less, but I will argue until we will rebuild it and then no one can take it or dispute it .

Comment

• I support going for Biology. After that, I'm not sure. If we have a good tech lead and another serious war seems a few turns out, then perhaps snap up the free great people from Communism & Physics. Or go straight for railroad and/or assembly line.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Here is what i proposed to them:

RB_land_dividingmz.rar

their version (compared to ours):
                                aztec:
                                they would give the same land for us, but less to cfc. most important they think the shrine city should go to them

cfc:
                                they demand 1-1 extra city more from us and aztec, speed racer and cutting would go to them

the biggest question is the shrine city. I kinda support cfc that they should get it otherwise they really get much less. I argue that we have to got more land and city because ours are not as developed as theirs. Aztec says they need the most because they lost the most units.. cfc says we agreed to divide the land equally before the war started (we didn't btw, we only said it will be fair, but it hadn't got defined)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X