Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• the plan got a hit from where it was not expected.. i was carefull not o convert the target city until the last moment, but Aztecs are sending a missionary to the very same city.. they want to steal too..
      they don1t have open border with Egypt so they need to do it before egypt takes the incan city. that alone will probably make rb destroying the city. and by that destroying our plan. this sucks.
      Last edited by mzprox; June 24, 2013, 16:47.

Comment

• If they destroy the city, can we take the spot?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Inca is not communicative, they left the city defended only with a warrior so Egypt can take it with their warchariot.. since we couldn1t take it in this turn then getting it for ourselves is not realy an option now. I think it's better this way. no cheesy city capturing.
          If they raze cities we will send settlers to resettle the land.

about spying there are two risks:
          -if they destroy our target city then our spies need to find an other spot
          -if they close their borders then we can no onger convert any of their cities

both has a good chance now, there is not much we can do about it.

Comment

• Oh, Aztecs are converting the same city we wanted to convert?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              Oh, Aztecs are converting the same city we wanted to convert?
              yes

Comment

• Bleh

Comment

• So even with all this lead time where we said we were going to take this city... You're now telling us you won't be able to take this city? We were talking about this almost a month ago so how is it we're being caught unprepared and flat footed?

Comment

• first: I think it was set that we will not prepare an army against inca, but instead we help them as we can against RB and at a later stage we might grab that city.

second: i made a poll, there was 2 days to vote, yet only two votes a yes and no about taking the city.

third: even if we wanted to take it Inca was not cooperative at all 8no answer on mails and ingame messages). Because of that we can not take the city.

But i personally don't mind this at all. I think Rb will just destroy the city anyway and then we will rebuild it. if by the off chance they take it we will have a good opportunity to take it in the same turn we declare war on them thanks to our culture borders.

And this way we will not be accused of getting free gift, thus advantage from a dying civ.
                    Last edited by mzprox; June 27, 2013, 14:54.

Comment

• We all decided long ago we wanted to take the city so just take the city already.

Comment

• it is not possible to take the city now, it was not possible to take the city last turn or before that.. try to understand that there are factors which are beyond our control.
                        Even the stealing of nationalism will probably fail thanks to Aztec's actions. I saw EGypt is building a new settler, possibly they will destroy our target city since they spot the aztec missionary. These are all things which we can't control or predict.
                        I told you what the plan was, you had the chance to offer alternatives which might had better chance, but it's never fail proof since we can't predict what the others will do.

Comment

• My count of the votes had the "just do it" votes winning. What was your count of the votes?
                          Last edited by Dinner; June 28, 2013, 16:58.

Comment

• if you read #1348, there is my vote and my reasoning. (it was 'no'), but nevertheless i tried to talk with inca in case we decide on attacking, but they did nt answer, but instead removed the defender from the city so a single egyptian chariot can and 90%+ will take it.

Comment

• update: as was expected Egypt did take the city and destroyed it. we are building a settlers and it can rebuild the city in the same spot in 5-6 turns.

We have construction now, we started to build our first catapult.
                              Last edited by mzprox; June 28, 2013, 18:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
                                update: as was expected Egypt did take the city and destroyed it. we are building a settlers and it can rebuild the city in the same spot in 5-6 turns.

We have construction now, we started to build our first catapult.
                                yes and good, but the earlier plan said gunpowder then construction.

I know we are 1 turn from gunpowder but wonder why the swap around unless it gives us a turn or so ahead re more advanced siege units?
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X