Diplomatic Thread : Aztecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic Thread : Aztecs

The Diplomatic thread for dealings with the Aztecs.
    The leader is Darius.

Aztec CivPlayers ot4ecfr@gmail.com

Main contact is Filon
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

This was our communique on Nov 20th. But obviously without the pre comments concept.

To the Aztec:
    Purpose: let them know that they are a warmonger nation and that we're prepared for it, and all in a friendly tone to not anger them.

[Concept: will post in 24 hours, or if 3 agree and nobody disagrees]
    ------------------
    Hail mighty warriors of the Aztec,

We are pleased to have made your acquaintance!
    Word of your strength and courage has reached our cities including that you have built a great oracle. You are to be congratulated on your accomplishments and we look forward to learning of this new religion you have founded known as Confucianism.

We are unfamiliar with your lands and wish to explore the edges of it so that in the future we can better define our mutual border and perhaphs develop trade relations. We great you and admire you and hope for healthy relations that will benefit the both of us.

Sir Rho Berth
    Chief foreign Adviser of our beloved Queen Lizzy

Comment

The Aztecs responded pretty promptly.

Response from the Aztec Empire
      -------------------------------

Sir Rho Berth,

It is honour to greet your envoys in our lands.We hope for your peaceful intentions, because the one who brings the sword into our holy lands is to be commited by the sword.

We are also happy to congratulate you with the great person born in your land.

We appreciate your attempts to share our religion and develop trade relations. We are interested in the following agreements first of all:
      1) Turn based Non-Agression Pact
      2) Open borders and making road for establishing trade routes. Please consider it necessary to discuss "right of passage" separately
      3) Defining mutual borders in adjacent land. But we are even less familiar with your location. How far is your current border from ours?
      4) Sharing information about other nations

Let us know what do you think.

Bests,
      Aztec Empire

Comment

This was Dinner's draft reply (around 5 Dec) which we all approved. Maybe it's time to re-establish contact with a view to agreeing boundaries, maybe even that NAP for 80 years.

My suggestion for a response to the Aztecs:
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hail Ruler of the Aztecs,

With regard to the suggestions you recently sent to us, we believe it is premature to discuss treaties or to delineate borders between our two lands as much of the territory in question remains unexplored and because of the great distance between our two kingdoms. We would look favorably to revisiting these issues at a future date after we both have a better understanding of the areas and distances involved. We would like to discuss opening borders though so that we can both benefit from the increased trade and possible expansion of religions as these would be mutually beneficial outcomes for both of us.

As for other civs, we currently have meet two other civs only one of which is even remotely close to our homeland. How many civs have you encountered so far?

Sir Rho Berth
        Chief foreign Adviser of our beloved Queen Lizzy

Comment

I guess they never responded. We could just send them a short message asking us if they forgot about us.

A better option would be to just send them an open borders treaty and see if they say yes.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I guess they never responded. We could just send them a short message asking us if they forgot about us.

A better option would be to just send them an open borders treaty and see if they say yes.
            I hope that you would draft a reponse opening up negotiations again.

As you know they came the right hand side through the jungle and are now hugging the southern coastal shore near our site 2.

So they will know that it would be reasonable to propose a boundary somewhere in the jungle. (least as a starting point for discussion).

A NAP to turn 170 would be good for us, I think.

Also ask them who is to their west.

Comment

To: His most Serene and August Majesty Darius ruler of the Aztecs, etc...
              From: Sir Rho Berth, Foreign Minister to Her most Benevolent and Enlightened Majesty Queen Elizabeth of the Ottomans, etc...

I wanted to expand on our previous communications and if we cannot negotiate a few agreements for the mutual benefit of our two peoples. I am proposing a non-aggression treaty between our two nations which would go into effect immediately and last for 100 additional turns. Also I propose we sign an open borders agreement so that we can both improve our economies and help to spread the great religion you have founded known as Confucianism. Her royal highness Elizabeth has been overheard personally saying she would like to learn more about your religion and would like you to send a religious representative to one of our cities so that Confucianism can spread to our own country.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sir Rho Berth, Chief foreign Adviser of our beloved Queen Lizzy

Comment

Does anyone have any changes they'd like to make to that letter or should we send it off?

Comment

I'd wait with the open border with the Aztec. Right now we get the maximum trade income and we don't really want their religion yet, hopefully we will get our own in two turns they we can quickly spread it by missionaries.
                  Too bad that the apostolic palace won't be ours, but we can't have everything

Comment

Working...
                  X