Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules
    replied
    Yes It was a very good victory. Well done Us and the Aztecs.
    What's are the plans now ? To finish of RB with Aztecs and CFC and divide the spoils.

To build Heroic Epic ? To work with CFC against the Maya. To try and build a closer alliance with Aztecs.?

Edit: Just had a look, we are building Heroic Epic, ready in 4 turns.

RB look shattered. and CFC coming in to attack Forbidden Fruit and Aztecs arriving to attack one of the last RB strongholds. Looks like we might take another RB city or two and maybe move into WPC land.

I see the Maya also are at war with RB.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    we had a great victory near tree huggers. we lost a cannon and a catapult, but killed 10 enemy rilemen. We let aztec take the city. i also used our spy there to steal horseback riding.. though probably useless this was the only tech rb had and we didn't.. and it's unlikely we can steal anything else.. but if there will be we have 1000 spy points on them still.
    Fantastic victory! Great work!

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    At least we're widening our tech lead.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    we had a great victory near tree huggers. we lost a cannon and a catapult, but killed 10 enemy rilemen. We let aztec take the city. i also used our spy there to steal horseback riding.. though probably useless this was the only tech rb had and we didn't.. and it's unlikely we can steal anything else.. but if there will be we have 1000 spy points on them still.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    our production is bad because we focused on food and cottages. food then was turned into producion. This approach served us right, as we have the second biggest force atm and our cities are quite developed (though small after so much draft).
    I stopped drafting a few turns ago, only a few units here and there, mostly to have the unhappyness ticking down in each cities as right now that's what limits our draftings anyway. we might decide to go for assembly line next and then we can draft infantires.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Ahh, isn't our production bad because we've drafted so much? That would mean doing more drafting will just compound the problem and instead we should lay off the drafting and let our cities grow as much as possible. It might be advisable to switch the newly conquered cities over to production so we can bring them up to speed while keeping our old core cities working on money.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    We have almost finished taking the former inca land. We have 32 cities now, far more than anyone else (some of them quite worthless, like those on the ice islands, but still).
    Rb is making serious military errors.. in each turn they do meaningless attacks. If they hadn't lose those units but gather them we would had been stopped in our assault already. But they wasted like 30 units just at our fronts in the recent turns and we lost about 10.. while they are the defenders.
    Anyway in this turn we will make a joint operation with the aztecs against Tree Huggers city. Then if we merge our main armies I think we can not be stopped unless they gave up their defense against cfc and focus on us.
    Because of the agreement that we will go into this war together and finish together I have sent about 20 units to help the aztecs conquer their share of egypt's land.. but of course our goal would be to minimalize our losses in this war since we got almost everything we wanted anyway.. even so as there is a chance that we and aztecs will be enemies at one point. We can expect a maya&aztec alliance, it would be logical for them to make it.

So our goals for now:
    -try to be viewed as one who does 100% everything to win the war while try to reduce our possible losses as much as possible.
    -try to make long term naps with other civs while keeping the option that we have possible targets for ourselves.
    -try to increase our military power. since our production is bad we need alternative ways. drafting and tech advantage mostly.
    -need to think about how to win the game. Spaceship is convenient with our tech lead, but too easy to sabotage with spies. Cultural victory is a bit better in this regard, but we haven't done anything to that direction yet. Domination victory I'd probably rule out.. we are set for money not production.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Eventually got a look in. Didn't take screenshots.

Treehuggers battle looks to be a BIG one. Also noticed as has Mzprox we can build Heroic Epic.

1 turn from Constitution.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    eh, something is wrong with the attachement system still.. can't upload jpegs. I was in hurry so i put themin a rar archive.
    We took a tundra city. Need some time to think about how to take the 3 remaining egyptian cities in the east.
    Egypt hasattacked frozen jungle, it was futile and very bad move. they had lost many units, but theystill have many. Aztec thinks it's the best time to attack tree huggers, we can expect heavy losses if we do so, but we need to do it sooner or later.
    We got a Great general btw at last. we can start building our heroic epic.

ScreenShots.rar

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    we can not take this peace conference seriously. if it was jut between us and egypt then we could talk, it would be good point for us to end the war and keep what we got and also our army intact, but aztec and cfc will not want peace. not before they too got their share, but after that there won't be too much of egypt.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Do we want to encourage this peace conference or not? I know we don't want to appear to be war mongers or greedy but what is really in our best interests? To keep a nation we stabbed in the back in the game or not? It might be that we need them to help balance things out but my guess is they're going to remember our stab and won't exactly be friendly in the future so maybe it's best to just eliminate them especially if we can get others to do most of the fighting and dying while we sit back with the gains we already made and simply recover.

It seems to me it is in our interests to keep this war going a bit longer especially if we're not all that active in it.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Excellent news about cfc joining the war against Egypt at this stage. And well done at achievements so far.

btw Universciv (HRE) invited everyone to a peace conference over on Civfanatics but I haven't looked to see if any takers. For me with their assistance to RB financially that determined who they support.

I missed last opportunity to pop in but will try next time.

How are the Maya faring?

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Points matter a lot in terms of opponent envy. If you are sitting on top of the score chart the others are moe likely to consider you a threat and think about ways to knock you down a peg. This is why in our diplo games we liked to use a no score mod so you wouldn't have your opinion if other players colored by their score.

Leave a comment:

• mzprox
    replied
    points represent the power in land/population/tech level. Usually the bigger the score is the closer is one to space race or domination victory, but of course a dogpile can change everything like we do now with egypt.

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Do points really mean all that much? I'd think military forces mean more in real terms.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X