No announcement yet.

Lizzy's rise to greatness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But those other (apart from City2) city sites envisage cultural expansion and we don't have plans for that atm. So linking up those horses seems some turns in the future.
    The proposed city site of the horses does have DIRECT access to horses, pigs and deer (so without cultural growth).
    To be more exact all the proposed city sites have ALLl their resources within a 1 tile radius.

And probably we have 4 cities around turn 50, and the one with the horses before that..
    so we have those horses running around pretty quick.

Comment

• Am I correct in assuming that we have invented bronze working, but haven't spotted any copper yet?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I don't believe we have researched bronze working yet.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• No we have not invented BW..

Comment

• we have about 4-5 turn to decide how to continue developing our civ. this is a save I've posted few weeks ago with my proposed direction:
            t43mz.CivBeyondSwordSave
            t43
            once I've time I will ty to make new test runs

btw Apolllo and the 3rd warrior should help expanding, I think the 2nd warrior should not be too far from capital either.

Comment

• It is really important for us to make contact with our neighbors.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Aren't we going to try to pump out a couple of settlers once that warrior is finished? Also, do we go for bronze working now or take a detour to try to get the Oracle? I'm kind of inclined to make chopping a priority.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• techs: Hunting (done)-AH(done)-fishing - pottery-mining-BW-writing

build order: first city: worker-(done)-war-(done)-war-(next turn done)-settler -worker- settler-worker- settler

(the result of this you see in the attachment which Mz posted a few posts back.

By the way: for those who want to learn: the real learning is in repeating this play through (credits to Mz )

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    It is really important for us to make contact with our neighbors.
                    As you know I agree. I had been hoping for horses close to our capital, so as to have chariots, but that has not happened.

It is now is a question of assessing where our nearest neighbours are located and being welcoming but cautious.

The only 2 tile mover we have is Apollo so lets make use of his ability as best we can.

But we must deal with that bear.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• The only 2 tile mover we have is Apollo so lets make use of his ability as best we can.
                      But we must deal with that bear.
                      Apollo cannot move 2 tiles: he is Woodsman I not II.

Comment

• T20+ and no neighbors met? Seems like no one is even building scouts/warriors, so perhaps we're not too bad (#1 in power, which means just that and nothing else), but I would not want to count on that for too long.

Comment

• T23.

* City to 4
                          * Warrior finished. I named him Cerberus the three-headed hound who guarded the gates of Hades.
                          I think a fitting name as he is going to guard Apolyton, and in the A-B-C order..
                          * No interesting areas found.

Comment

• Some intelligence gathering based on the demo screen. We are 7th in land area with 20,000 sq km. First place (first through sixth place actually) has 21,000. Last place (i.e. 7th through 9th) is tied with us at 20,000. The reason we have 1,000 less is due to that one tile lake. So from this we can conclude that us and two other teams have one tile of water in our fat cross, and the other six teams have none. This also means that no team had a coastal start. Good thing we didn't go for a civ that started with fishing.

Comment

• Also, if we are set on bringing Apollo back to defend the second city, I'd recommend his next moves be east, east, northeast instead of east, northeast, northeast. More tiles uncovered that way.

Comment

• Also, if we are set on bringing Apollo back to defend the second city, I'd recommend his next moves be east, east, northeast instead of east, northeast, northeast. More tiles uncovered that way.
                                OK, if these are safe tiles (hills or forest). Safety first: there is a bear close by.

Comment

Working...
                                X