Intel Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ops

Here's the thread for all things intel. What we need to discuss right now are the following:
    - stats and analyses we need on other players in-game (BPT/builds/etc)
    - playstyles, strengths, and weaknesses for other teams

Regarding the first, well, formulas are going to be required, as are ways to obtain the numbers.

Regarding the second, we ought to weight things for the team leaders (this will also make it much easier for more obscure teams), though general forum espionage may be necessary.

If anyone wants to volunteer to help me with this in general, it would be most appreciated. For now, I'm the self-appointed intel guy, though that can change

Here is some analysis of most of the WPC team by one of their own:

Originally posted by Unorthodox
    E_T:

Most my experience with him is from Civ III. Recent returner to Civ IV.

In Civ III proved to be a turtler/builder styled player, but received intensive training from both myself and Ubercrux, 2 rather infamous warmongers. Still, never quite overcome the mentality of min/maxing our style of warmongering created.

Rhothaerill:

Typicaly build to fight player, always working the economy in the back of his head. More build than fight and likes to work diplomacy to his favor before committing to a direction. Likes to make one ally in a game, and screw the rest. Extremely experienced at CIV.

Beta:

"Analyzer". He'll analyze a situation and adjust style to fit. But, can be goaded, and gets really disorganized if done successfully. If he agrees to something it's pretty much gospel.

Kloreep

Former builder, has been with me on one too many teams to be called strictly that anymore. Dangerous. Micromanager.

donald23

Relative newcomer to CIV. Not too experienced in MP yet. From what I've seen was a builder styled single player, but has learned some harsh lessons about MP and is adapting.

RobWorham

Experienced CIV player, prefers a rush and or REX style of warmongering, vulnerable to a choke style. Organized, rarely flustered.

fed1943

Extreme builder in Civ III and Civ IV vanilla. Haven't seen him much around the MP scene in BTS. Enjoys non-traditional warfare...

Viking

Viking is a viking. He plays the vikings. And his style is taylored to them exclusively.

andydog

Known as a builder in Civ III. No info for CIV.

Zoid

Balanced player and micromanager with a slight builder leaning. Typically takes an advisory role in team games. Can be caught with his pants down in a REX phase on occasion.

ChrisiusMaximus

Warmonger at heart, occasionally losing focus of economy. Feints have proven effective in the right situations, utilizing terrain to bypass his army and strike core.

Nugog

Another builderer that likes to team with known warmongers. Prefers to run the economy and let the fighting to someone else.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That's a good start. What do we all think of 2metra and Sommers - we're lucky that we know the captains from experience here. I think Ozzy, you know them better as you were quite involved with them in DoE1, though I spent most of it on the sidelines.

I'd say for 2metra at least, he's very capable with military and diplomacy, can REX well, though his economy building suffers.

Comment

Representing RB team in discussions negotiating settings is Lord Parkin. Lord Parkin mostly CFC but now signed up to RB is a most formidable opponent. He apparently delivered a shock to well regarded RB folk in games there. However he has stated that he will be in an advisory capacity for most of this MTDG due to RL committments.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by DNK View Post
          That's a good start. What do we all think of 2metra and Sommers - we're lucky that we know the captains from experience here. I think Ozzy, you know them better as you were quite involved with them in DoE1, though I spent most of it on the sidelines.

I'd say for 2metra at least, he's very capable with military and diplomacy, can REX well, though his economy building suffers.
          Apparently Sommers is a lawyer in real life, and that comes through in his treaties. There is no "spirit of the law" only the letter. In A Call to Arms on WPC Sommer & 2metra signed a NAP with another team and then attempted built a city right by their capital. Things got heated (and are still heated), and I can see both sides, but just be aware that if something isn't spelled out specifically in a treaty Sommers will do it. The two of them have been playing good cop/bad cop so far, with 2metra as the good cop. Based on DoE 2metra is an amazingly impressive negotiator. He assembled a huge worldwide alliance on our side. He was very active, sending lots of messages to everyone. It was quite impressive. The fact that Hercules said he assembled such a big alliance in the previous demogame doesn't surprise me. Of all the teams in Call to Arms they have been the most active in setting up tech trade alliances and the like.

Also in Call to Arms the Sommer/2metra team is hording all the wonders. I can't say whether they will try the same route in the demogame, but between the two of them they've easily got half the wonders in the game.

With their performance in past/present diplogames, and their victories in past demogames, it is quite likely that they will be the team to beat.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, I think most of us realize Sommers will pull any and all tricks he can after DoE

Basically, don't sign treaties with him that aren't very simply worded and with the lowest expectations regarding his holding up to his end of it...

Comment

I had a brief look at Team UniversCiv. They look to be a French (Steam associated) forum.

http://univers-civilization.leforum.eu/index.php Univers Civilization

whoops this is the better link http://univers-civilization.leforum....htm?start=1325

Comment

heh, my French isn't that good.

Comment

Is French still spoken at all in Vietnam?

Comment

Yup, but mostly by French people Mostly it's English now for the locals, or some odd derivative thereof.

I'm actually studying some of it on and off since there are enough French expats/tourists around that it could easily be used in conversation at some point. Then again, some might say I ought to spend more time trying to learn that other popular local language - Vietnamese

Funny thing how the language of a country literally halfway around the world is vastly more popular than the one with a billion people on the border (Chinese, and that and Vietnamese are heavily related at that).

Comment

Yea... that one might be more useful.

Comment

I wonder if we have any Intel on the German team or indeed our local Spanish team.

Comment

My Spanish is a lot better than my French, but still I probably don't know civ-specific vocabulary. Do we have any fluent Spanish speakers? Or French speakers? Or German speakers?

Comment

We have "Google Translate"

Works good enough in most cases

Comment

i don't know what is the most convenient way to do it. idon1t mind if our intelligence expert log in ev ery turn if it doesn't slow down the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X